Hold On - Radiants

Dayo

Was listening to that chess/checker/cadet Northern Soul comp "Just Keep On Dancin" in the car this morning. Was wondering if there is more than one mix of the Radiants, Hold On?

The version on the CD is not quite how I remember it; especially the backing vocals. Could be my addled brain though.

Any info?

Thanks

Colin

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was listening to that chess/checker/cadet Northern Soul comp "Just Keep On Dancin" in the car this morning. Was wondering if there is more than one mix of the Radiants, Hold On?

The version on the CD is not quite how I remember it; especially the backing vocals. Could be my addled brain though.

Any info?

Thanks

Colin

There is another version by the 'Soul Generation' Colin

Grant

Social source share

There is another version by the 'Soul Generation' Colin

Grant

No - hang on. They're two different tracks, aren't they? The Soul Generation, I thought, was the Grapevine release of "Hold On" by The Generation, on US Mockingbird, which is a cover of the O'Jays track.

Social source share

Any info?

Thanks

Colin

Hello Colin ,I think some of the tracks on that CD are different mixes , so you haven't lost it completly mate !! Best ,Eddie

Social source share

i´ve noticed that, too.

the original 45 mix has really some really high backing vocals, in the cd version they are lower.

(i like the 45 mix much more, though...)

wonder if the other one was also released on a regular 45?

Social source share

i´ve noticed that, too.

the original 45 mix has really some really high backing vocals, in the cd version they are lower.

(i like the 45 mix much more, though...)

wonder if the other one was also released on a regular 45?

That's how I remember it. Really stratospheric backing vocals. I'm certain that the phrasing of the lead vocal is different here and there too. The 45 is a much better take or mix (IMHO)

Thanks to all.

Glad I haven't lost it completely!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!