Wants

Ceejay

OK................had this happen a few times now and it's beginning to pee me off!!!! :glare: :glare: :glare:

You see a wants post...............you PM them and say you have the record in question............"make me an offer! "

They then say "I have no idea how much it is worth!!!"

Then you give them the price and you don't hear from them....................surely before puting up a wants post someone has a fair idea of what a record is worth?? Surely a bit of time spent doing a bit of research isn't a big deal???

Also, if it was me, I would take the time to reply, even if the record was more than I expected.............manners cost nothing in my book!!!

Carol

Edited by Carol J
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

OK................had this happen a few times now and it's beginning to pee me off!!!! :glare: :glare: :glare:

You see a wants post...............you PM them and say you have the record in question............"make me an offer! "

They then say "I have no idea how much it is worth!!!"

Then you give them the price and you don't hear from them....................surely before puting up a wants post someone has a fair idea of what a record is worth?? Surely a bit of time spent doing a bit of research isn't a big deal???

Also, if it was me, I would take the time to reply, even if the record was more than I expected.............manners cost nothing in my book!!!

Carol

Tell em to bugger off and sling their hoooook Carol. Yes, I'd offer that.

:)

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It works the other way though

When you post a want and do reply to someone's "make me an offer" but get no reply - just as rude as above

Good point, bit I personally wouldn't do that....................same applies..........bad manners.............. Caz :wink:

Social source share

:D LOL

I'm laughing Caz because I did consider using some of my choicest, most vulgar expletives - and I do have an enviable repertoire! But, hey, bugger off is nice and classical.

Peter

:wink:

PMSL........ ......I expected better from you Pete, lol........................'.classical'..................that's class, lol!!! :wicked::D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I posted a want yesterday, in the post itself said I didn't know how much it was worth now (which I didn't) but I wanted to pay a reasonable price, got two people offering me a copy for sale for reasonable prices, closed the transaction instantly. I avoided having to make anyone else an offer and I avoided people who wanted to gouge me making an unreasonable offer. What's the problem?

Social source share

I posted a want yesterday, in the post itself said I didn't know how much it was worth now (which I didn't) but I wanted to pay a reasonable price, got two people offering me a copy for sale for reasonable prices, closed the transaction instantly. I avoided having to make anyone else an offer and I avoided people who wanted to gouge me making an unreasonable offer. What's the problem?

Well, Bob, that's fine and dandy by all accounts. But, lets be clear about this, one swallow does not make for a summer.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

PMSL........ ......I expected better from you Pete, lol........................'.classical'..................that's class, lol!!! :wicked::D

Bugger reminds me of Chalky's profile image Caz. Which in turn reminds me of a classical book - A Kestrel For a Knave. Which was adapted by the great Ken Loach into a fine but sad film - Kes.

Peter

Social source share

I've said it before, if somebody wants a record enough to post on here they should be willing to state what they are willing to pay, all this PM me with condition and price is nonsense, tired of time wasters wanting to haggle over records I'm not in any rush to sell anyway, but willing to let go for market value if they really want it,

I don't bother with others 'wants' any-more and haven't for a while,

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Bob..................the difference is, once I had stated what I wanted for it, he just didn't reply................like I said manners cost nothing. If it was too much, that's fair enough, no big deal...............but a reply would have been the thing to do in my book

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bugger reminds me of Chalky's profile image Caz. Which in turn reminds me of a classical book - A Kestrel For a Knave. Which was adapted by the great Ken Loach into a fine but sad film - Kes.

Peter

Love the film...................might try the book sometime.............. :thumbsup:

Caz

Social source share

Bob..................the difference is, once I had stated what I wanted for it, he just didn't reply................like I said manners cost nothing. If it was too much, that's fair enough, no big deal...............but a reply would have been the thing to do in my book

I agree not replying is always rude

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've said it before, if somebody wants a record enough to post on here they should be willing to state what they are willing to pay, all this PM me with condition and price is nonsense, tired of time wasters wanting to haggle over records I'm not in any rush to sell anyway, but willing to let go for market value if they really want it,

I don't bother with others 'wants' any-more and haven't for a while,

why is "pm me with condition and price" nonsense? I know a lot about record pricing but in this particular case I was asking about a record that seems to be around in the UK but never comes up for sale in the regular channels I see. So I didn't know a price. Moreover, some people don't adjust for condition and other people adjust differently for condition, only caring how it plays.

I think some of the people getting mad are mad that someone posts a want and they offer the record at a ridiculous price and the person doesn't accept. You are in "no rush to sell" but not all sellers have that approach, and there is a wide range of what people here consider "market value".

Social source share

Peter99, on 30 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Well, Bob, that's fine and dandy by all accounts. But, lets be clear about this, one swallow does not make for a summer.

I don't know what this means but it sounds dirty to my american ears

Now Bob wash your mouth out with soap & water. Peter's Quote is a true British expression meaning

One instance of an event (such as the arrival of a single bird) does not necessarily indicate a trend.

Anyway it may rid you of the taste of salt :rolleyes::yes::D

Edited by Gold Band
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!