This Is Just Wrong Ebay Madness

just seen this on ebay , looks like a vinyl carvers job with good copied labels

why are people paying this sort of money for a bootleg , it costs around 20 quid to have a 7" made and its not as if these tracks are hard to find. i could some what understand it if people were paying this sort of money for eric lomax c/up or one of the very hard to find biggies.

This is just wrong , surely these people have more money than sense or does everyone want to be a dj and own the in demand tracks from a year or so a go , id consider these tracks to be oldish in terms of current tunes , they have even stopped playing the five royals in peterborough.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORTHERN-SOUL-DEAN-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORTHERN-SOUL-HYPERI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can tell you for a fact that this guy was reported to Ebay - not by me I might add, I don't report anyone unless they've turned me over - but he was reported and they have obviously decided that he does in fact have the copyright on these records :wicked:

Social source share

why are people paying this sort of money for a bootleg , it costs around 20 quid to have a 7" made and its not as if these tracks are hard to find. i could some what understand it if people were paying this sort of money for eric lomax c/up or one of the very hard to find biggies.

This is just wrong , surely these people have more money than sense or does everyone want to be a dj and own the in demand tracks from a year or so a go , id consider these tracks to be oldish in terms of current tunes , they have even stopped playing the five royals in peterborough.

Hi Seen a few that this person is selling as "A RARE PRESSING"...making money out of collectors who have very little knowledge/believe they are purchasing a bargain????????Beats me..ATB Stevie
Social source share

I can tell you for a fact that this guy was reported to Ebay - not by me I might add, I don't report anyone unless they've turned me over - but he was reported and they have obviously decided that he does in fact have the copyright on these records :wicked:

Ebay won't do anything unless they get loads of complaints. Be interesting to see how many complaints they get!

Is this a sign of the times, there are so many people booting anything they can. You get large promotors booting anything from Bill Bush to Hamilton Movement openly. I went to a weekender not so long ago and a well known record dealer was openly selling white label copies of current tunes. I asked him about it and he said that he had done " just 5 copies of each" as there was a demand.

There have always been people looking to line there pockets from the scene but I have never known it as bad as it is now.

Social source share

so that they can dj and pretend that theyve got a box full of rare records...

bit like going to the market and buying a load of shonky designer labels, then going down the pub and letting all your mates think you're a ten bob millionaire.

See your point Joe, but if i was playing anywhere, i've always got my eye on the decks (nothing sinister, just interested in other peoples collections), be a brave man to try and pull the wool over some of these hard core collectors eyes......waist of time in my eyes.....if you ain't got it...don't play it........

Social source share

problem is brett, its not everywhere that you can get right up to the decks, but these will look the part from a distance.

It's not like Ponds Forge, where theres an armed guard from the Soul Police stood behind the decks most of the night...

:wicked:

Social source share

See your point Joe, but if i was playing anywhere, i've always got my eye on the decks (nothing sinister, just interested in other peoples collections), be a brave man to try and pull the wool over some of these hard core collectors eyes......waist of time in my eyes.....if you ain't got it...don't play it........

:wicked:

Edited by KarenC
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Maybe they need these boots for venues with no CD player? :wicked:

Agree with everyone, stupid, and in this case bloody costly. You pick up a few decent cheapies for £73 and do a better spot.

Dean Barlow...? wink.gif

M.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

NOOOOOOO..It can't be true......Nevermore, Nevermore..... laugh.gifyes.gif

Not myself or Karen no.gif just there is alot of people doing it!

I recon im going to get some made up and Email all the loosing bidders and offer to sell them one for the highest bid :yes: Make a killing, Dont give a shite anymore if some half whit t*at wants to pay and play them fcuk em, shouldn't be no where near the decks leave it to the guys and girls with the real stuff :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Why get upset, if someone wants to pay it's up to them surely, no different than buying it at a soul night or off a list. Surely the price of the record gives it away as not being an original, we all got Manships book haven't we. If some idiot wants to buy a boot at a silly price because he/she thinks it's a £1000 original well let them, and if you have a boot sell the thing yourself. If you can't beat join them.
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Anybody know ebayer ian1524 by the way, you have to hand it to him, he's making money from peoples stupidity. :wicked:

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Sad but it`s not even a real boot :wicked: think vinyl carvers might call em` private pressin`s?,booters flood the "market",with there crap!,half a dozen well thats a bit differant,isnt it?supose two wrongs dont make it right,does it i`ve seen loads of EMI discs,sell for stupid prices :ohmy: by so called top dealers too!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!