Tears

No Bazza some philistine has edited Knuckles Tears and put it on on a 7"! I have coined a new term for ridiculous efforts like this and that Tribute shite... Divorcee Soul.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

No Bazza some philistine has edited Knuckles Tears and put it on on a 7"! I have coined a new term for ridiculous efforts like this and that Tribute shite... Divorcee Soul.

I bet it stilll sounds better than the Lee Roye piece of steaming dog turdness Tony

Err, I just actually listened to Lee Roye for the first time in years - and it isn't so bad. :facepalm:

Peter

:wicked:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Link here if anyone can bear to listen to it.

Total bastardisation of the original version (IMO) & absoloutely no need for it whatsoever as Joe rightly points out above that it was released on both 12" & 7" formats by FFRR.

Clue is in the write up on the link below where it say's 'set to follow the likes of Bob Sinclair - Tribute as the latest House record to have a Northern Soul following.

Think the original cut will be in the playbox for tonight to let folks know how it should sound.

https://www.northernsouldirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4224

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Total bastardisation of the original version (IMO) & absoloutely no need for it whatsoever as Joe rightly points out above that it was released on both 12" & 7" formats by FFRR.

Clue is in the write up on the link below where it say's 'set to follow the likes of Bob Sinclair - Tribute as the latest House record to have a Northern Soul following.

Think the original cut will be in the playbox for tonight to let folks know how it should sound.

https://www.northerns...roducts_id=4224

right bag ov kak that Martin! classic example of don't mess with perfection imo!

Got the original 7" but only the 12" is worthy of playing out. You got the one with the stripped down vocal edit too? hearing Robert Owens voice on it's own always sent shivers up me spine.

"One word could wash them away. Their drippin' and droppin', and droppin' and drirpin' Tear after tear over here over here" :thumbsup:

steve

Edited by Edge
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

https://www.northerns...roducts_id=4224

Christ that's bad.....

Social source share

and if you're going to remix a perfect classic, then this is the way to do it.

Just leave it to the experts.

Frankie Knuckles feat Satoshi Tomiie (Full Intention remix) Defected records 1999

Danced my arse off to that back in the day!

And looking at the size of it now I need to start dancing again...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Extremely poor version of a House classic. At least Nu Colours version took a bit of a different slant on Tears, which I remember being quite good back in the day.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

this is absolutely diabolical and i love the original.

surely though there are more than enough house nights on to make this an unnecesary play at any soul night

or is it a case of write the word 'soul' on the label and people will buy it regardless

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!