Full On, Mental, Northern Soul

• Replies 66
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

what about the debonairs come back baby soulclick thats slightly menta l or the no 1 meental full on sheer power sixties uptempo hard driving northernsoul ....the royal cinders ,,you sure is funky hip time l ............................................................................... whistling.gif

Social source share

I nominate Hermon Hitson's cut of Love Slipped Through My Fingers as a benchmark for full-on, abandoned, Northern Soul. Just on the right side of chaos.

Also, The Mello Souls must take some beating in this respect, surely. Not for the faint-hearted, and for those who don't get NS probably something of a racket. A full-on masterpiece for the initiated, though.

Social source share

Forgetting titles and artists this morning, too much clean living is killing my brain cells, but Tricky Dicky in his old days was partial to a few full on sounds, before Rushbrooke took the torch.

A couple or 3 from the only time period I seem to be discussing at moment (first sign of Alzheimers is forgetting the current but remembering the past, I know, my clean living even involves watching Coronation Str.) can someone remind of correct titles and artists

No Second Chance - Phantom Janitor c/u (Deadbeats???)

and not sure if confusing the same record. Playing The Part of A Fool - Embers c/u and Like I Never Did Before - Chessmenc/u.

F**k me I cant remember these properly and I wasn't within a million miles of sand at Prestatyn or the abuse that no doubt went with it.

Think I need to find a sport other than marbles!!

Yours confused and confusing

Jock

OK think I just remembered, am I being slow, Embers Part Of A Fool is this really the Royal Esquires on Prix, if so what a Prix I am,

also the Chessman wasnt that Combinations, I assume is still a super rarity, cmon somebody put me out of my misery, has my memory came back!!

Edited by jocko
Social source share

also the Chessman wasnt that Combinations, I assume is still a super rarity, cmon somebody put me out of my misery, has my memory came back!!

Yes ..... I think you are having a bit of a lucid moment Jock ... in fact Carl Fortnum played it Saturday night ... absolutely fantastic thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Sounded immense....

These are not mental Northern tunes but proper ones to me...

Even the Nightwatch was a laugh, watching people try to dance to it.

Social source share

No Ifs, no ands no Buts-Karate..........(can't remember who its by, mental though)!!

Combinations-Whatcha Gonna

Jerry Fuller-Double Life

Carl thumbup.gif

Social source share

You Don't Mean It by Towanda Barnes and Love You Baby by Eddie Foster. How could anyone off the scene grow to like these?

Oooops! Eddie Parker. Thanks Pete. (Been away this weekend, so haven't been able to pick the tapes/CDs up from the PO. Thanks again).

Brian

Social source share

I'd just like to say thank you for the downloads....

First post, but been lurking a while. Kind of been into r&b and northern stuff for the past few years, but find it difficult to pick out the ones I like. My eductaion continues..

Just need to learn to bl**dy dance properly now..

Cheers,

chad

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!