Uk Postage On Ebay

Pete S

Why?

It often costs Joe Bloggs more to send the item than a known dealer, as indicated in Pete's earlier post about the 'economy of scale' purchasing of mailers and they have to queue for just as long at the Post Office.

If you have to start tacking ridiculous postage costs on at the end of a sale, then you are clearly not very clever when it comes to pricing your records up....

Joe Bloggs moonlighting as a record dealer doesnt depend on earning his living from all that is involved in selling records, window cleaning, Paint & decorating or other examples in life where you try to compare a full time pro with a bit player who has another income legal or otherwise.

Any kosher mailing house will charge you for packing and presenting a product to post office, just like any courier company will charge you to take your mail to the post office. In general the cost of postage is minimal compared to total amount.

Notwithstanding those guys who try to fleece you after agreeing a selling price for the record, if prices are clearly indicated before then no one can argue with a nominal additional charge for the time taken to complete process.

Most dealers rely on repeat business all their doing when adding to postage is itemising where their profits are made (good business practice). If the overall price and service is good..happy days

The guy selling to Intown Mikey should have put a reserve on the record before auctioning and then just charged a reasonable postage, this might have avoided the ill feeling regards postal hike after the event.

If you sell records full time and its your only income, you could include all required profit in selling price and offer postage at cost or maybe free but somewhere there has to be sufficient profit for the guy to pay for his working day. Anybody who argues bout the dealer making usually less than a £1 after offering a good deal on a record..

1) Check the buyer is not auditioning for a job with Alan Sugar

2) tell them where to shove their quid and their order

Social source share

• Replies 61
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

So you've just spent £300 on a record whats a few extra quid mean to you?????

Agree about charging way over the top postage, but i mean whats £2.50! doesnt get you alot in this day and age.

Social source share

What about the charges from those in the US? I'm a bit tired of paying 8 or 9 dollars for postage just to see it turn up with $5.05 on the package.

I've just "won" this item

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

and the guy charges $11.35 for standard airmail postage, I either pay and get the record or don't pay and get no record plus neg feedback :(

... and it will probably turn up in an envelope :(

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

What about the charges from those in the US? I'm a bit tired of paying 8 or 9 dollars for postage just to see it turn up with $5.05 on the package.

I've just "won" this item

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

and the guy charges $11.35 for standard airmail postage, I either pay and get the record or don't pay and get no record plus neg feedback :(

... and it will probably turn up in an envelope :(

If you took the time to read someone's feedback you might be happier about how it was packed. Below is the sellers last feedback, looks pretty good seller to me.

Great seller, 45 as described, well packed, fast shipping +++++++++++++thanks! :( and no I'm not the seller.

Social source share

It's fee avoidance more like..... cheeky feckers....

if it's just a simple matter of fee avoidance, what's the difference?

you either pay £20 for the record and £5 postage, and paypal make a few less pence, or you pay £23.50 for the record and £1.50 for the postage and paypal makes a few more pence.

this is nonsense.

Social source share

while i'm not desperately keen to pay any more than i have to, $3 for the guy's time, petrol, packaging etc isn't exactly a rip-off paul, surely?

Social source share

If you took the time to read someone's feedback you might be happier about how it was packed. Below is the sellers last feedback, looks pretty good seller to me.

Great seller, 45 as described, well packed, fast shipping +++++++++++++thanks! :lol: and no I'm not the seller.

I'm sure it will be well packed and shipped quickly, the idea of the smiley thing was to indicate the line about the envelope was light hearted.

I just object to paying $11.45 when postage including a good mailer cannot cost more than $8. The ebay calculator for postage works out postage on the basis of postage plus sellers "handling" charge, I've asked why postage is double but haven't had a reply. I've paid as it still works out reasonably cheap.

Maybe I'm just a tight Yorkshireman :unsure: , is there any other type wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Rowly

YES! :unsure:

Just won a Ray Scott off some bloke in Scotland (no names.....YET!) who's sent me an invoice with $12.23 int. flat rate postage on it

Emailed him asking for a revised invoice because his postage rates are extortionate - but as yet had no reply.

Hopefully he's reading this..... :angry:

All sorted out I'm pleased to say! :lol:

Social source share

while i'm not desperately keen to pay any more than i have to, $3 for the guy's time, petrol, packaging etc isn't exactly a rip-off paul, surely?

And so we come back full circle to my original posting.

yes it IS a rip off!

F*ck the guys time and petrol. Stop ripping customers off.

Social source share

And so we come back full circle to my original posting.

yes it IS a rip off!

F*ck the guys time and petrol. Stop ripping customers off.

No it's not. At least, I don't mind paying it. If it stops other people bidding on stuff I want, even better.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

As far as i go, you get some idiots on ebay who sell items and charge too much on postage and package. As mum or friend says it prob cost them about £1.50 to get it all parceled up ready to send and they say ok you pay £2 postage and package. So they make 50p out of it, why can't they charge normal price of only add on say 10p. They should make there money out of the record sold. I not had a bad thing on ebay yet but did buy a cd single once paid more po postage and package £1.25 then the cd priced at 1p lol i think seller wanted to get rid of quick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert