[Rs] trips - there's that mountain - soundville

Guest Johnny Mack

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can remember this being played in the early 70's - Va Va's etc, I'm sure that it was booted on two separate labels - Soul Town and Soundville if I remember correctly, however, got to admit that I have never seen an original - can anyone provide some history and detail on this.

Thanks

Johnny Mack

Original on soundville and has a stamped H in run out

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Thanks Chalky

Never been too sure about this one - I have a Soundville copy but based on your info it is a boot !

take care

John

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thanks Chalky

Never been too sure about this one - I have a Soundville copy but based on your info it is a boot !

take care

John

I've had two different pressings of this, at various times - both on identical-looking Soundville labels - and have been told by two different 'people who should know' that both were counterfeit!

TONE :angry:

Social source share

Can remember this being played in the early 70's - Va Va's etc, I'm sure that it was booted on two separate labels - Soul Town and Soundville if I remember correctly, however, got to admit that I have never seen an original - can anyone provide some history and detail on this.

Thanks

Johnny Mack

The "Soultown" copy has a west coast matrix stamp in the run out ,the same stamp as on

"John & the Wierdest on Tie","Sunlovers on Breakthrough","Charles Perry on Magnum".

Dave f..............

Social source share

also has 101-A stamped in the Love Can't be Modernized side and HSJ 101-B on the There's That Mountain side.

great two sider. anyone know current value? it's quite a hard record.

Social source share