Cheryl Ann - I Can't Let Him - Patty

Pete S

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You're right, I've seen a photo of it in a fanzine.

I'm asking about the record because Mr Rix asked about the details so maybe he has another version or something.

nothing to do with you pete but andy ought to be on here, unless he still hasn't got a computer

i know there's been all that rubbish going on, but in my limited experience of him he is an absolutely top bloke and has so much knowledge and experience to offer

Social source share

nothing to do with you pete but andy ought to be on here, unless he still hasn't got a computer

i know there's been all that rubbish going on, but in my limited experience of him he is an absolutely top bloke and has so much knowledge and experience to offer

Totally agree with you Dan in the 80's he helped me enormously both with info and sourcing records he did me over 20 c90 tapes and i will be eternally grateful to him ( I gave him a mint Ernest Mosely in appriciation) top bloke

Ted

Social source share

I'll add to that - I don't know Andy that well and have only met him a couple of times but he's been one of the few people I've met who's actually judged me at face value and not listened to mudslingers. Never ever had a problem of any sort with him, sold a couple of grands worth of records for him too. And paid him! To have to disappear just because of gobshites and gossip, thats just terrible, anyway he'll be reading this so beg him to join, he'd make a real contribution.

Totally agree with you Dan in the 80's he helped me enormously both with info and sourcing records he did me over 20 c90 tapes and i will be eternally grateful to him ( I gave him a mint Ernest Mosely in appriciation) top bloke

Ted

Oh Ted, I've done you those 20 c90's of UK pop stompers you asked for, have you got the Dave Mitchell & the Screamers you promised me for doing them unsure.gif

Social source share

I'll add to that - I don't know Andy that well and have only met him a couple of times but he's been one of the few people I've met who's actually judged me at face value and not listened to mudslingers. Never ever had a problem of any sort with him, sold a couple of grands worth of records for him too. And paid him! To have to disappear just because of gobshites and gossip, thats just terrible, anyway he'll be reading this so beg him to join, he'd make a real contribution.

Oh Ted, I've done you those 20 c90's of UK pop stompers you asked for, have you got the Dave Mitchell & the Screamers you promised me for doing them :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Pete its still a f****** awful pop record now if you did me a comp of rare Ska now you are talking :huh:

Social source share

====

i can do this afternoon pete if u get no joy

great tune too

i wont mention the dj who played it at wigan....

Details:-

"I can't let him" Written, arr and produced by Stan Vincent. Jitter's Music Inc., BMI. Recorded at Allegro. Engineer: Bruce Staple Patty 052-A SK4M 3106. PATTY [div. of Holton]

"Goodbye Baby". Written by Tina Leverett. SK4M 3107. Same info as above.

Hope that's what you wanted,Pete. Could the Stan Vincent credited be songwriter of "Ooh child" by Stairsteps.

ROD

Social source share

Details:-

"I can't let him" Written, arr and produced by Stan Vincent. Jitter's Music Inc., BMI. Recorded at Allegro. Engineer: Bruce Staple Patty 052-A SK4M 3106. PATTY [div. of Holton]

"Goodbye Baby". Written by Tina Leverett. SK4M 3107. Same info as above.

Hope that's what you wanted,Pete. Could the Stan Vincent credited be songwriter of "Ooh child" by Stairsteps.

ROD

Thank you Rod, that's perfect, I will pass on the details to Andy. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Ted

Was not awear of any crap about Andy. Always got on with him, never done me any harm. Top bloke thumbsup.gif

Social source share

====

i can do this afternoon pete if u get no joy

great tune too

i wont mention the dj who played it at wigan....

I heard this at Cheltenham last week , actually sounded great , did you have one at Wigan Pete ? , as I have it on a tape you did me at the time , covered as The Sequins " Too much lovin' " wasn't it ? Best ,Eddie

Social source share

I heard this at Cheltenham last week , actually sounded great , did you have one at Wigan Pete ? , as I have it on a tape you did me at the time , covered as The Sequins " Too much lovin' " wasn't it ? Best ,Eddie

Eddie your memory is phenomenal, yes I did have it but only for about a week, Paul Clifford had it then and it ended up with Richard Simner. It cost £18 at Wigan. One day you are going to find that tape I did you which has one side current tracks and a live side of Wigan on the other. Philips c90 it was thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Eddie your memory is phenomenal, yes I did have it but only for about a week, Paul Clifford had it then and it ended up with Richard Simner. It cost £18 at Wigan. One day you are going to find that tape I did you which has one side current tracks and a live side of Wigan on the other. Philips c90 it was thumbsup.gif

=========

remember when i first started my mad quest on buying all the old wigan stuff from tapes

my mate bof said that cobblestone and cheryl ann you wont get them mate...

cheryl ann i think it is still a great record and reasonably rare

Social source share

Eddie your memory is phenomenal, yes I did have it but only for about a week, Paul Clifford had it then and it ended up with Richard Simner. It cost £18 at Wigan. One day you are going to find that tape I did you which has one side current tracks and a live side of Wigan on the other. Philips c90 it was :thumbsup:

I'll have another look Pete see if I can find it ,Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!