Gay/lesbian Singers?

Guest ScooterNik

Brilliant, happy days, remember Spot Watman & Lappo on the doors?

And Maxine behind the bar??

I was in there one Walking Day & it kicked off, it was like the wild west, really really much worse than anything I'd ever seen at a footie match, total mayhem! Nothing to do with the soul night, this was a 'normal' day.

Aid.

Lappo, f*** me yeah - it was a rough old gaff in the week....but then so was the whole of Warrington at the time ay?

Social source share

is he the dude on philly groove? I still need a stock copy of that since the promo is a mono/stereo

I have no idea. The David Lasley from the Utopias has a high voice, but not falsetto. You can probably find his story on the WWW and song clips on Youtube to confirm.

Social source share

I have no idea. The David Lasley from the Utopias has a high voice, but not falsetto. You can probably find his story on the WWW and song clips on Youtube to confirm.

I assume you mean long haiered blue eyed soul chap, some reasonable, if a little MOR LP. Better known as backing singer and songwriter. Great info about Utopias and googling him he seems to have moved from Detroit to NY so it seems to fit.

Social source share

I honestly think that it was far more subversive / successful for gay artists to have non-explicit songs that either didn't mention gender at all or that had coded messages. think about what massive success frankie goes to hollywood "relax" was about and then look at the uncensored hardcore video version of the song. they seriously were much more successful in getting themselves out there by not being explicit. it was like a joke on the world and the people that were in on it knew anyways.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!