• 1 year later...
  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good Question that is Mate. I personally haven't seen one.

Capitol_5516a.jpg

It should exist, and I do remember someone years ago that reckoned to have seen one.

Love to see a Scan if it does.

Yeh allways remember Ron pedley telling me he`d missed one in a box at wigan kid in front of him bought, he allways said it was the only one he`d ever heard of :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yeh allways remember Ron pedley telling me he`d missed one in a box at wigan kid in front of him bought, he allways said it was the only one he`d ever heard of ohmy.gif

Well, it could be the same occasion that drifted word of mouth to me all those years ago.

Capitol_CL-15826a_DJ.gif

I remember when I bought the U.K. DEMO, Thinking "One Day", but so far that day hasn't arrived.

Never seen one, never mind the chance to purchase a copy.

Social source share

Maybe it`s me but never seem to see human beinz demo`s either, theres a few like that :unsure:

The obtaining of a demo copy of " TAR " , has always been a bit of an holy grail quest for me ........

Since I first heard the record when adam was a lad , I have searched high and low , never coming across one , or met or spoken to anyone , who has seen it , or had in their possession , a copy .......

No doubt someone will now prove us wrong ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Love looking for things like that me, there`s loads of questions to be asked still after all these years :unsure:

Certainly are a lot of unanswered questions.

With some records, you just can't explain why they are so ellusive.

Things do turn up now and again, a few surprises, but when we have all been looking over the years.

It's no wonder that People come to their own conclusions, about the existance of these records.

Trouble is, as soon as you do ..................................................... a copy turns up. biggrin.gif

Social source share

I've never clapped eyes on a TAR demo either.

Is the Earl Wright on Virgo 'Them love blues' the same geeza? A good slab of Northern with a strong vocal to it too.

ph34r.gif

Social source share

Is the Earl Wright on Virgo 'Them love blues' the same geeza? A good slab of Northern with a strong vocal to it too.

ph34r.gif

ouch that reminds me had a email that needs posting ref Earl Wright

hang on

Social source share

ph34r.gif

I am unsure as to whether the two are the same gentleman , as when I attempted to seek out some background on " TAR " years ago , I was led to believe that ER was a pseudonym for David Axelrod .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

I am unsure as to whether the two are the same gentleman , as when I attempted to seek out some background on " TAR " years ago , I was led to believe that ER was a pseudonym for David Axelrod .......

Malc Burton

just posted Malc that ER is a pseudonym for HB Barnum, will double check the Cleethorpes program from last year, sure it's confirmed in there. The band played Thumb A Ride prior to him coming on stage.

Social source share

just posted Malc that ER is a pseudonym for HB Barnum, will double check the Cleethorpes program from last year, sure it's confirmed in there. The band played Thumb A Ride prior to him coming on stage.

Thanks for that , Chalks ........

As I stated , I was led to believe that it was David Axelrod , but I was never entirely satisfied with that answer .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Ive never seen one, heard a story that the 45 was "rushed out" for the Dylan cover B side and never made Promos.

Lovely story, but another Northern Soul untruth.

Earl Wright, Alexander Patten, Frank Polk, Ernie Andrews, H.B. Barnum - The Record (baby I Love You) and many more titles are also not on promo.. for some reason Capitol went through a whole period in the 60s through the # 54.. / 55.. / 56.. series when Capitol did not do PROMO'S, but i don't know why. Capitol Promo's started again with series 57.. Patrice Holloway, Thelma Houston etc etc.

Social source share

Earl Wright, Alexander Patten, Frank Polk, Ernie Andrews, H.B. Barnum - The Record (baby I Love You) and many more titles are also not on promo.. for some reason Capitol went through a whole period in the 60s through the # 54.. / 55.. / 56.. series when Capitol did not do PROMO'S, but i don't know why. Capitol Promo's started again with series 57.. Patrice Holloway, Thelma Houston etc etc.

Thanks for that , John ......

I wish I had known that 30 + years ago , when I started to look for a " TAR " demo biggrin.gif .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Sorry pic is fuzzy, closest to 56 series demo.-c-ad724--post-1249-1201860664_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Thanks for that John, I was only thinking last night that I'd never seen a demo copy of Frank Polks "Love is dangerous"!

Social source share

Cheers Mike...case solved.

:yes:

Has TLB seen much turntable action out and about...I've never heard it at a venue, in a bar, at a shopping center on TV etc etc

:sleep3:

I used to play it.even posted it up on here some time ago..........still have it aswell.

Social source share

Can I pose the question, who or what is

Earl Wright - "ON THE ROAD TO RUINS" - Soul Galore 2656..

Allways thought it was a Pretty Prudie track with Saxie Russell tacked on ------------SAM

Social source share

Can I pose the question, who or what is

Earl Wright - "ON THE ROAD TO RUINS" - Soul Galore 2656..

It is a track called, 'Testifyin' '.

It is actually Bernard Purdie and it is taken from his highly collectable (breakbeat scene) 'Soul drums' album on US Date.

The added effects are naturally from Saxie Russell's 'Psychedelic soul'.

ph34r.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that , Chalks ........

As I stated , I was led to believe that it was David Axelrod , but I was never entirely satisfied with that answer .......

Malc Burton

I suspect that there is truth in both views on this. David and HB were best of friends, and this is probably a record that David and H came up with in the studio, and then came up with a pseudonym for when they decided to release it. Getting David to remember any of these one off projects is pretty impossible though, like many he find it easier to remember the big hits, than the day to day productions.

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Earl Wright was a DJ in LA.

Rather like Sylvia Robinson did Lonnie Yougblood with TON OF DYNAMITE using Frankie Crocker.

No promos exist as the record was pressed and pushed out to take advantage of the A side "Like a Rolling Stone" Bob Dylan. It bombed and no further action developed.

In addition the Beatles records at the time took precedent at the plants so some tunes were not done as demos.

The Human Beinz is scare on demo as it was a chart hit leased from Gateway hence collectable prom for the yanks.

Social source share

• 6 years later...