Mad Increase In Soul 45s For Sale On Ebay?

Does anybody know why there's been a steep increase in the number of soul 45s for sale on Ebay? Up untill a few months ago if I went through the Records To Buy section untill I'd got down to 'Ending today soul 45rpm 7"' there'd be anywhere from 400-700 in the frame. I could crack through them in half hour and still have time for a sandwich at dinnertime. Now there's up to 35 pages ie 1500+ records?

Is it because Ebay has merged all the auctions from each different country together, previously they were seperate and bargains could be acquired from the French, Italian & Spanish sites so I'm told.

Is it because Ebay has those 'list everything today for 5/10p' offers which encourages more people to list stuff?

Anybody else noticed this? cheers, derek

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anybody know why there's been a steep increase in the number of soul 45s for sale on Ebay? Up untill a few months ago if I went through the Records To Buy section untill I'd got down to 'Ending today soul 45rpm 7"' there'd be anywhere from 400-700 in the frame. I could crack through them in half hour and still have time for a sandwich at dinnertime. Now there's up to 35 pages ie 1500+ records?

Is it because Ebay has merged all the auctions from each different country together, previously they were seperate and bargains could be acquired from the French, Italian & Spanish sites so I'm told.

Is it because Ebay has those 'list everything today for 5/10p' offers which encourages more people to list stuff?

Anybody else noticed this? cheers, derek

Hi Derek,

On the cheap listings day the 45s listed do surge by the odd 5k or so . Not so sure whether Ebay themselves merge european listings unless folk in Germany et al are listing on Ebay UK. Used to find quite a few things listed abroad.

Another factor I think is the amount of buy it now listings of all these ' re-issues ' / look a likes. Just viewing the auction listings cuts it down by half.

Certainly takes forever these days wading thru it.!

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!