Pete S

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 15
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Need some info about the details of the pressing of Flirtations Stronger than her love

I just picked up a 'west coast style' white demo, no delta number, it's vinyl and has a very faint hand written F1124 in the run out groove.

Does anyone know if this is a pressing or not? I assume it is but it's not mentioned in the 3rd edition of the bootleg guide....

Thanks!

Benji

Social source share

isn't there a styrene proper white promo of this??? mellow.gif

Definitely a white dj ,John Parker has one and i think the details are in the Manship guide but i don't have one so cannot help with matrix numbers

Seem to recall Pete French having a wdj copy on his sales a while back .

But that pic above is deffo a white dj bootyes.gif

Social source share

Definitely a white dj ,John Parker has one and i think the details are in the Manship guide but i don't have one so cannot help with matrix numbers

Seem to recall Pete French having a wdj copy on his sales a while back .

But that pic above is deffo a white dj bootyes.gif

Yes, The Description on PopSike.com

PopSike.com

170092934696.jpg (Click on Label)

Here is the detail of this lot :-

A side - Stronger Than Her Love

B side - Settle Down

Artist - The Flirtations

"Run Out" Info - F1124 272

Social source share

Think the proper West Coast has a Monarch Delta #

Not sure of the number at the moment but it is a five digit number as opposed to the 6 Digit Boots from the 70s.

original west coast styrene white demo delta # 64784

bootleg west coast styrene white demo delta # 100272

as said before 3rd edition of the bootleg guide doesn't mention any other pressing than the delta #100272 one. the one I got here is vinyl and hasn't any delta # at all.

has anyone the run out details for the multi coloured east coast release?

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Benji- You may have the very rare Vynil Boot that was made in the 70s. I had it and thought it was the original- No-one would touch it from me and for the life of me I cannot remember who I bought it from. There were no other copies seen at the time which was 1975/76. The boots everyone referred to was the Styrene copy with the bubbled label and monarch stamp.

Their was so much argument about the copy I had- this can be verified by people like Fylde coast(Steve McWilliams) on here.

Its amazing how a certain record does the rounds. It is quite a heavy vinyl if I remember similar to the boots like Butch Baker on Cherub etc The Label is a moulded label if my memory serves me right!

I wouldnt mind having it back for nostalgia reasons if you fancy selling it.

ATB Steve

Social source share

I have an original wdj west coast styrene copy here with all the right numbers

I have had the boot on styrene and can deffo tell the difference but i also remember a mate having a wdj job that was much heavier but did'nt look the same as the original??

Mine does'nt have a Delta# .it is a monarch triangle with the numbers 64784 after itthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Need some info about the details of the pressing of Flirtations Stronger than her love

I just picked up a 'west coast style' white demo, no delta number, it's vinyl and has a very faint hand written F1124 in the run out groove.

Does anyone know if this is a pressing or not? I assume it is but it's not mentioned in the 3rd edition of the bootleg guide....

Thanks!

Benji

just looking at my boot faint f1124 scratched in also has 100272 but the 100 part is or has been scratched out.

kev

Social source share

• 3 years later...
Guest nsoulxx

I've just found my copy of this and going off everything above and because I have the worst luck of everyone I know, no doubt mine will be the dog poo version!! It's really thick vinyl, and has an off White label with hand drawn pattern on so it looks with festival written inside a triangle, studio demo not for sale written on. Luckily I only paid a fiver about 20wyears ago but probably even that was too much!!!

Social source share