Here We Go, I've Got A Live One Here

Denbo

This guy's own stated shipping costs don't tally with the automated system that adds it to the winning bid on the 'Pay Now' system on eBay.

To be honest, I was convinced that I saw shipping costs to UK at $4. But sometimes I've been known to see things that ain't there :o)

Anyhow, when I saw the total, which included $13.45 p&p Airmail with no insurance, I checked his own stated shipping cost figures and found that $13.45 was for Lp's and 12 inchers and it should have been $10 for 45's. Still steep and I've told him so!!!

Trying it on or what? Hoping the buyer wouldn't notice or couldn't be bothered to challenge it.

I'm only buying this 45 for a pal and it's not in great shape but hopefully good enough but the point is I couldn't care less if the deal doesn't go through so it should be intersesting to see how he reacts to my challenge which has gone already.

By the way, the winning bid was only $2.75

Edited by denbo
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This guy's own stated shipping costs don't tally with the automated system that adds it to the winning bid on the 'Pay Now' system on eBay.

To be honest, I was convinced that I saw shipping costs to UK at $4. But sometimes I've been known to see things that ain't there :o)

Anyhow, when I saw the total, which included $13.45 p&p Airmail with no insurance, I checked his own stated shipping cost figures and found that $13.45 was for Lp's and 12 inchers and it should have been $10 for 45's. Still steep and I've told him so!!!

Trying it on or what? Hoping the buyer wouldn't notice or couldn't be bothered to challenge it.

I'm only buying this 45 for a pal and it's not in great shape but hopefully good enough but the point is I couldn't care less if the deal doesn't go through so it should be intersesting to see how he reacts to my challenge which has gone already.

By the way, the winning bid was only $2.75

Many times ebays pay now P+P dosent tally up correctly especially on multiples!

Best advice is to POLITELY and FRIENDLY (Very important initially!) contact the seller and ask for a correct P+P price and to send you a fresh invoice if the total is either incorrect or exorbitant.No way will $4.00 be correct either! + you also have to consider his prefered mailer FED EX is expensive and may well also land you the double wammy of import duty! Also where is the disc in the states, its a BIG place! Last tip end your mail with WARM REGARDS or similar, remember try not to get off on the wrong foot initially Cheers!

Social source share

Same goes here only on Gemm, $8 for a 45 and then he wanted $12.40 postage, when i queried it he said that was the going rate for 7 and 12 inch records thumbsup.gif , so i told him to stick it where the sun don't shine....which would be difficult cos he was from San Antonio Texas :unsure:

Lenny

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

This has happened to me before. The listed p&p price is lower than what is asked for after buying. It looks to me like some of these people try to recoup money they might have lost on the auction or if it goes for less than they thought they add a few more dollars to make up the difference.

M.

Social source share

1. won an item last week, payed by paypal,two days later got an e-mail asking if i could pay $6 more for air mail as the postage charged was for surface mail only and that could take up to 8 weeks. i checked the item listing and pointed out ot the seller that the postage price i paid was stated clearly in the listing as for air mail so i would not be paying any more, got a reply "ok then have it your way" Item arrived 3 days later !!

2. bought a record off gemm from a well known new york seller al**n Rad**ll. he charged me $25 for postage. the STYRENE record arrived wrapped in what appeared to be two roughly cut pieces of a cereal packet with no extra packing, some of the parcel tape was acually stuck to the record edge, the record was coated in some brown powder sustance not unlike gravy powder, the record arrived in one piece, contacted him by telephone wher he told me he sells 150 records a week so how the f*** is he supposed to remember packing mine and as i hadnt paid much for it what did it matter anyway thumbsup.gif

Social source share

1. won an item last week, payed by paypal,two days later got an e-mail asking if i could pay $6 more for air mail as the postage charged was for surface mail only and that could take up to 8 weeks. i checked the item listing and pointed out ot the seller that the postage price i paid was stated clearly in the listing as for air mail so i would not be paying any more, got a reply "ok then have it your way" Item arrived 3 days later !!

2. bought a record off gemm from a well known new york seller al**n Rad**ll. he charged me $25 for postage. the STYRENE record arrived wrapped in what appeared to be two roughly cut pieces of a cereal packet with no extra packing, some of the parcel tape was acually stuck to the record edge, the record was coated in some brown powder sustance not unlike gravy powder, the record arrived in one piece, contacted him by telephone wher he told me he sells 150 records a week so how the f*** is he supposed to remember packing mine and as i hadnt paid much for it what did it matter anyway thumbsup.gif

That bloke is an dickhead and always has been, dreadful to deal with in the days of Discoveries magazine before Ebay.

Social source share

That bloke is an dickhead and always has been, dreadful to deal with in the days of Discoveries magazine before Ebay.

100% with you on this, Pete, the bloke was always a tw*t and was a front runner for the worst grading out of anyone who advertised in the mag. I stopped dealing with him pretty quickly and always wondered how he managed to keep shifting enough records to keep paying for those massive ads he took out. Couldn't have been repeat business.

All the best,

Nick

Social source share

2. bought a record off gemm from a well known new york seller al**n Rad**ll. he charged me $25 for postage. the STYRENE record arrived wrapped in what appeared to be two roughly cut pieces of a cereal packet with no extra packing, some of the parcel tape was acually stuck to the record edge, the record was coated in some brown powder sustance not unlike gravy powder, the record arrived in one piece, contacted him by telephone wher he told me he sells 150 records a week so how the f*** is he supposed to remember packing mine and as i hadnt paid much for it what did it matter anyway :lol:

Sounds a complete toss pot - leaving negative feedback may help warn others - I doubt this leopard will change his spots.

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Same goes here only on Gemm, $8 for a 45 and then he wanted $12.40 postage, when i queried it he said that was the going rate for 7 and 12 inch records :lol: , so i told him to stick it where the sun don't shine....which would be difficult cos he was from San Antonio Texas :lol:

Lenny

:lol::lol::lol:
Social source share

Do you mean All(en) Badwill as we call him round these here parts.....

THATS HIM!! or to be accurate DR Allen Radwill, if you know him ask him firstly what is the brown powdery stuff that is on all the records he sells, and secondly where did he send dawn "their all talking about me" as its still not arrived (its been 4 years now) i dont really mind wasting money but i really wanted that record whistling.gif

p.s brown powdery stuff does not burn.

Social source share

Sounds a complete toss pot - leaving negative feedback may help warn others - I doubt this leopard will change his spots.

As Pete said, this guy has always been a tw*t, ages ago (pre-ebay) I bought a couple of records off him which were allegedly mint- and when they arrived they were absolutely knackered. Never got my money back and he really didn't really give a sh*t. whistling.gif

Later, I won a record off eBay from him but didn't realise until afterwards, when I found out the seller was him I told him I wasn't going to pay as he had robbed me previously, never heard back.

Can't remember what his ebay ID is but beware this seller!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!