Sitting In The Park 12/2/2012

boba

Hi, here is my latest Sitting in the Park music show. I played some nice early soul, midtempo girl groups, and sweet soul from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. You can listen to the show at:

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/12-2-2012.mp3?

You can listen to other shows and interviews with Chicago groups by going to my main page www.sittinginthepark.com. Also, if someone you know wants to subscribe to this email list, they can add themselves at the following URL:

https://eepurl.com/n7Qr5

Playlist follows and thanks for your interest.

Bobby John - Lonely Soldier - Sony

Earl Wright - I don’t know - Virgo

HIC’s - This is the night - Adams

Bobby Parker - Do the monkey - Southern Sound

David Dayton and the Colos - I gotta have love - Lomar

Autographs - Sad sad feeling - Loma

Carol Mogan - I know where I stand - Born

Rosalind Madison - Neighborhood girl - Liberty

Chordells - Yea-yea - Tigre

Mary Wright - I was a fool - Kim

Barbara Mason - Oh how it hurts - Arctic

Jeanette Williams - Mr. Soft Touch - Back Beat

Sandy Cleveland - We love together - Bandit

Tonny Hymes - Time ain’t gonna do me no favor - Azbill

Loretha Vanover - I’m here to give it to you - Chas-Ann

Lovers - One way to love - Frantic

C-Quents - Dearest one - Essica

Volumes - I’m gonna miss you - Garu

125th Street Candy Store - Tables have turned - Uptite

Royalettes - Gonna take a miracle - MGM

Mahdi and Tracy Kerr - Who are you - Indy 5

Turning Point - Deeper in love - Turning Point

Joe Brown - Mr. Magic Man - W

Reggie Walker - So glad I found you - Br-Roma

thanks,

Bob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Is it, that's the first time I've heard that, so do you know anything else about the guy ????

I remember first hearing this years ago at Andy's Dave, he had the only copy I knew of over here, Andy Mac I think got one later as well. We compared them and definitely the same person.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember first hearing this years ago at Andy's Dave, he had the only copy I knew of over here, Andy Mac I think got one later as well. We compared them and definitely the same person.

Right on Right on Chalky defo a Andy Dyson and Andy Mac rave from many years ago....the Tonny Hymes version i can remember Andy Mac whispering the info on this fab record but need to get him back on here to tell the true tale on this take....mean while FH 111

ktf

tfk :rofl:

Edited by tfk
Social source share

You are correct Chalks I have a copy. Its Tonny Hymes and the Soul People on Azbill (red label with Black lettering). Flip side is Jeannie which is an uptempo shuffler kind of R&B meets choppy crossover. I vaguely remember discussing Hymes with Garry Cape as he was in contact with him looking to possibly release the uptempo Fredrick Hymes version on grapevine. Hymes was working as a Hunting Guide at the time and wasn't interested in discussing either record, but eventually he said bothn were him and the slow version on Azbill was the original cut. All this was about 10 years ago so and memory is fading now :D I'll post a scan later.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

You are correct Chalks I have a copy. Its Tonny Hymes and the Soul People on Azbill (red label with Black lettering). Flip side is Jeannie which is an uptempo shuffler kind of R&B meets choppy crossover. I vaguely remember discussing Hymes with Garry Cape as he was in contact with him looking to possibly release the uptempo Fredrick Hymes version on grapevine. Hymes was working as a Hunting Guide at the time and wasn't interested in discussing either record, but eventually he said bothn were him and the slow version on Azbill was the original cut. All this was about 10 years ago so and memory is fading now :D I'll post a scan later.

Heres the scan for you

Hymes.pdf

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!