What About This

Bazza

OK...............sorry and probably gonna get slated for this...................but pretty mediocre IMO. I personally love watching people's footwork but the thing is that this style of dancing is pretty typical and nothing different...................have seen much better dancers who have their own unique stylle!!!

Edited by Carol J
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Same as Carol J, great she's enjoying herself but it's that style of formulaic dancing which seems to have made a return in recent years that really doesn't do it for me.

Social source share

The topic is not about whether she's enjoying herself...................I don't disagree with that, and lovely to see...................the topic refers to GREAT DANCING..............like I said IMO it isn't.

It's the type of dancing you see on these Northern Soul dance lesson videos....................like I said, I personally would rather see someone with their own unique style of dancing!!!

:yes:

I never said she was a great dancer ,above average, yes ,its the Raphael Saadiq tune ,best tune i have come across for a long time ,new to me :yes:

Bazza :hatsoff2:

Oh and she's not actually dancing to that tune,some wizard put em both together, I know this because

Edited by Bazza
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

"‹ Categorically not Debbie Dee see her quite often and pics. of her are in gallery,IMHO she too can dance.The girl/lady in question see her frequently at Eggborough,she is also in my gallery and IMHO she too can dance. In fact her husband/partner and son are all good dancers but then AGAIN we come to the old argument i see often on here dress code, on what it seems some people base their judgment.I am one of the vest and baggies brigade and so in my opinion right on girls just love it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think the most ironic thing here, is that her dancing and the song go well together,

But, I would hazard a guess, by the way she dresses, she would dismiss this song, as being

Modern and so wouldn't give it the time of day, imho

I dare say you're dead rite there, some clever sod did a good job of putting it together though

Social source share

Who ever she is,she's nice to watch,well I think she is

And the tune is fab

Bit of a old tune now Bazza, as Martin said came out on a album which I have then came out in 7" box set, hope your keeping well

atb

Barry

Social source share

Bit of a old tune now Bazza, as Martin said came out on a album which I have then came out in 7" box set, hope your keeping well

atb

Barry

Hi Barry, yep I gather its 4 or 5 years old now,cracking tune new to me though,I'm fine hope you and Pam are keeping well

Edited by Bazza
Social source share

"‹ Categorically not Debbie Dee see her quite often and pics. of her are in gallery,IMHO she too can dance.The girl/lady in question see her frequently at Eggborough,she is also in my gallery and IMHO she too can dance. In fact her husband/partner and son are all good dancers but then AGAIN we come to the old argument i see often on here dress code, on what it seems some people base their judgment.I am one of the vest and baggies brigade and so in my opinion right on girls just love it.

I'm not basing my opinion on her dress but on the dancing, this style of dancing as far as I remember seemed to disappear after the late 70s and has recently made an appearance again. But now you mention it, it does seem to be the choice of dance by many of the 'vest and baggies brigade' as you describe. Personally I really don't like the dance style - really easy to do, formulaic and IMHO lacks grace. Just my opinion.

Sure many love it, so fill your boots. :)

Social source share

• 8 months later...

This is what she was dancing to originally, the sound is quite bad though.                                                                                                                                                                                             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ITQRhFAVk

Social source share

This is what she was dancing to originally, the sound is quite bad though.                                                                                                                                                                                             https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ITQRhFAVk

....never heard the of Dr Who theme tune being played out before !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!