Wiganer1

• Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ernie Bush - Breakaway - US & UK Contempo...heard tonight and sounded quite good...anyone else like it?

FCUKing Brilliant....Used to play this @ Buzzard mid 80's & Always carry this in my playbox Now, Waiting for the right crowd to play it to ....Black Cat's Goats & Rats....Demons Dancing in My Head....

Jon Buck

ps Got Loads more like this....

Social source share

FCUKing Brilliant....Used to play this @ Buzzard mid 80's & Always carry this in my playbox Now, Waiting for the right crowd to play it to ....Black Cat's Goats & Rats....Demons Dancing in My Head....

Jon Buck

ps Got Loads more like this....

you can play this at bisley in april jon

it was played there 2 years ago and went down a storm

moldie

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Mr Moldie,

I would love to play This along with some other similar tunes @ Bisley in April, But I am Sure that am not DJing @ Bisley untill June 3rd....

Jon Buck

wicked.gifyes.gif

Social source share

Never like the sound of the Contempo label, always sounded a bit naff and as for Contemporaries word fail me!

Label snob, moi?

Ah yes but what about that alternative version of a Deon Jackson Carla song tucked away on the B side of his UK Contemporaries 45. As is standard practise I can't recall the exact details - song title etc, seem to think this version has added girls and a different intro. I'm sure somebody will post up the correct details and help an old burn out. And whats worse is after all these years I still don't think I've actually ever heard this different mix. Can anybody post up a soundfile please? cheers, derek

Social source share

Ah yes but what about that alternative version of a Deon Jackson Carla song tucked away on the B side of his UK Contemporaries 45. As is standard practise I can't recall the exact details - song title etc, seem to think this version has added girls and a different intro. I'm sure somebody will post up the correct details and help an old burn out. And whats worse is after all these years I still don't think I've actually ever heard this different mix. Can anybody post up a soundfile please? cheers, derek

==========

i cant go on...

also johnny my boy by the adlibs was on the contempo raries - a stafford monsteroonie..

cant help with the soundfile,,they dont come out too well...lol

Social source share

cant go on...

also johnny my boy by the adlibs was on the contempo raries - a stafford monsteroonie..

cant help with the soundfile,,they dont come out too well...lol

If it's The Ernie Bush you want a sound file of I will sort it out later, if no one else does....

Jon Buck

Social source share

Yes, Ernie Bush, great record. Never really aired much as it was issued too soon (in the days when that stuff mattered).

Good point about Contempo though - John Abbey never could get it right could he? Re-issues that were readily available already and how about that mash up re-recording of Tamiko Jones?

Still B&S magazine helped redeem matters a tad, if only for Frank Elson - where is he now?

John.

Social source share

:unsure: Great tune. I bought a copy "blind" about 12 months ago & was chuffed to bits !

A dangerous game i know, but there is something even more exciting when you buy a 45 that you don't know & it turns out to be the biz !! Anyone feel the same ?

Social source share

Ernie_Bush.mp3

I'd like to hear it Mark any chance of an MP3

Ted

Not the best of Quality etc....a few skips & bits...but you can get the feel of it....This is the Side that used to get played most & the one I prefer The Instrumental with a sprinkling of vocals @ the end.... Black Cats, Goats & Rats, Demons Dancing in your Head.....I've Gotta Breakaway....

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Ernie_Bush.mp3

Not the best of Quality etc....a few skips & bits...but you can get the feel of it....This is the Side that used to get played most & the one I prefer The Instrumental with a sprinkling of vocals @ the end.... Black Cats, Goats & Rats, Demons Dancing in your Head.....I've Gotta Breakaway....

Jon Buck

The (disco version), Does it an injustice that title dosen't it ! .

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Ernie Bush - Breakaway - US & UK Contempo...

heard tonight and sounded quite good...

anyone else like it?

Funny you should mention that - its just been revived at the Irish Club in Perth on tuther side ot world & is packing the floor.

Cheers Pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hey up Mark. Once again i spy a topic we both love, Got one on the US Scepter / Contempo label me thinks. Played it at Winsford couple of months back.Steve

And another one that for me always goes with Ernie Bush....on Tamla Motown Produced by Frank Wilson.... Contol Tower by Magic Disco Machine....Memories of a certain Era....

Jon Buck

not the best Quality sound file but you can get the feel of it

Control_Tower.mp3

Social source share

Guest martyn

And another one that for me always goes with Ernie Bush....on Tamla Motown Produced by Frank Wilson.... Contol Tower by Magic Disco Machine....Memories of a certain Era....

Jon Buck

not the best Quality sound file but you can get the feel of it

Control_Tower.mp3

.................Followed by Reaching for the best or What a Difference a Day made?
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!