Fraser Dunn Guests On Reflections

FrankM

Reflections on northern soul hits the net on Saturday at 2:30pm (BST0 for two hours of good music. And this week it's going to be particularly good as my guest is Fraser Dunn. He's known as "Mr. Modern" but having heard him as a regular Goodfoot DJ he truly plays across the board. He's also played all over the UK and I'll be taking the opportunity to ask is there an East/West divide and North/South gap in musical tastes. Fraser is a soul of a few years standing and ran the Glasgow Soul club keeping the flame alive in a city not previously known for a love of northern.

Catch him on www.radiomagnetic.com which has been nominated again as internet station of the year. We're up against XFM, BBC 6 and Virgin. Last year we beat the Ministry of Sound. Find out how you can vote on our home page.

I am typing this with a wee bit of a hangover as radiomagnetic celebrated the launch of a new web site at The Subclub last night Tiff Peaches who follows me on a Saturday runs Instant Access on a Thursday night and came up with the idea Take Two. radiomagnetic DJ's were invited to play two of their favourite singles and using a computer clapometer the crowd would decide who brought the best pair. As the night approached I think we were worried that this could be disastrous for the club and maybe a bit too sound clashy for the dancers. As it turned out we got a good crowd in and drawing on my mobile double decking days I had picked a couple of crowd pleasers and I actually led the field for a while. Find out what I played when you tune in. The great thing was meeting young people who listened to the show and who came up for a chat. The Winner was Anna Duffield and she played Ella Fitzgerald and her soulful version of Sunshine of Your Love.

If you want a chat during the show e mail me studio@radiomagnetic.com with a question for Fraser, for a dedication or for a mention of your club night.

We will be having the regular gig guide and maybe a truncated Top 5 highest priced Northern Soul singles on e bay with comments from my guest Fraser Dunn a serious collector in his own right.

Remember there are seven shows in the archives ready to be played NOW at www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php and if you head for the forums page select "Show Play lists" you can look up the track listings for that particular show If you missed last week's show check guest Martin Gavin's selection for 25 09 2004.

FrankM

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mary Wells Dear lover

Charlotta Tillman Baby I'm serious

Guest Fraser Dunn's Playlist

RB Hudmon Holding On

Smokey Robinson Arranging My business (acetate)

Gotcha Making Love to ya

Big Maybelle I can't Wait any longer

Willie Singleton Two fools

George Jackson I Don't have the time to Love You

Milton Parker Women Like it Harder

Maxine Womack Hello Lover, goodbye

Rudi Stuart I want to Love You Over

Virgil Henry I can't Believe you're really leaving

Oliver Bush I'll make it up to you

Joe Perkins Looking for a Woman

Richard Parker Sugar Love

Anna Raye Will You still Love My Child

Smoke City Dreams

Margaret Royal I'll never go away

Gladys Knight and The Pips Make me the Woman You go home to

Calvin Williams It won't matter at all

Gino Washington What can a man do

Pioneers My good friend James

Geno Washington What can a man do

The Carstairs (acetate)

The Temptations Love to the Music

Joe Valentibne I lost the only Love I ever had

The Topics Booking Up Baby

Maxine Brown Make Love To me

Willie Walker I don't Know If i can make it through

Pat Johnson East of the Sun West of the Moon

The show should appear in www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php in about a month's time

Mike,

Any chance of putting FrankM - Frasers radio show up on the site along with Andy Dyson and Derek Pearsons.

soulmac

link

yep can do, if get a recording of show

and its ok with Frank M

reading above says it wont be archived for a month

is that right?

should be no probs, the ok and recording being main factors

mike

yep can do, if get a recording of show

and its ok with Frank M

reading above says it wont be archived for a month

is that right?

should be no probs, the ok and recording being main factors

mike

link

I am working on a CD copy for Fraser. If he gives the go ahead, I will do a 60 minute excerpt in mp3 format and send it to you, Mike.

The complete show should be in the archives in four to six weeks.

Two other guest have now confirmed.

Derek Roberston will be in on Saturday and Kenny Burrell will be popping in during November.

FrankM

Source Advert