The Biggest Gap Ever

I'm talking about the biggest gap between what you think a record's worth and is generally valued at, offered for and sold for and what you see a copy fetch in auction.

Unbelievable is a word I don't often use but it's the only one suitable.

I regularly watch threads on here where people discuss how much certain records fetched on Ebay or whatever, much to the surprise, amusement and disgust of many readers.

The records rarity and perceived value come under much close inspection.

But the one and probably only one auction result that I've ever ever noticed so far that really really made me gasp out aloud in total near complete shock was this one:

https://www.popsike.c...0831106152.html

And spot the condition?

Anybody seen anything that beats that?

derek

post-1224-0-43934300-1354587450_thumb.jp

Edited by Derek Pearson
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm talking about the biggest gap between what you think a record's worth and is generally valued at, offered for and sold for and what you see a copy fetch in auction.

Unbelievable is a word I don't often use but it's the only one suitable.

I regularly watch threads on here where people discuss how much certain records fetched on Ebay or whatever, much to the surprise, amusement and disgust of many readers.

The records rarity and perceived value come under much close inspection.

But the one and probably only one auction result that I've ever ever noticed so far that really really made me gasp out aloud in total near complete shock was this one:

https://www.popsike.c...0831106152.html

And spot the condition?

Anybody seen anything that beats that?

derek

Derek, this paticular sale of Hi-Fi- White was talked about a couple of months back.

It sold for $809 having three bidders on it, a healthy $33, a new ebayer with $799 and a "private" bidder with $809

the new ebayer has 2 bids and 2 bid retractions? Strangely no feedback was left either way between seller and buyer?

If someone had "paid" me $809 for a $50 record, I'd have left glowing feedback for 'em, in the hope the divvy would come back and spend more! I suspect the sale never went through? (well not for the $809)

As Bob says the seller grades real good! I've had a few things off him and had excellent service, a top seller!

This is where popsike becomes a joke imo. If this was the only listing they had for this record, then some not knowing it, might think it was rare.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!