Looking For A Valuation On Some 7" Records

Guest dave clifford

Guest dave clifford

hi all can you guys give me a valuation on the records below as im looking to sell just a few for starters cheers

flowers for real lax

7 miles per hour band playing your game music city

family of eve i want to be loved by you jeree records

king tutt youve got me hung up fun city

ike strong your love keeps me dancing marble

jan jones independent woman day wood

swiss movement i wish our love would last forever (yellow record gold lable ) ph34r.gif

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi all can you guys give me a valuation on the records below as im looking to sell just a few for starters cheers

flowers for real lax

swiss movement i wish our love would last forever (yellow record gold lable ) :)

Hi Dave & welcome to the madhouse.

Saw 3 copy's of King Tutt at Prestatyn, 1 for a crazy £500

1 for £250, about right i guess

& 1 that a kid had bought for £60 the lucky b*st*rd

You didn't say if the King Tutt was a 7" or a 12"

If it's a 12" it's totally worthless along with the Family Of Eve & the Ike Strong but it's your lucky day as i'm feeling really generous so i'll give you a fiver each for them whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi

I know the 7 Miles per hr band is hard to find i have played it out a few time and Soul Sam wanted it off me, i think it took him a while to find one, he did get a copy in the end from Butch,i seem to remember the price was over the £500!! (but i'm not 100% sure) my memory is not like it was!!

It's one you never see it for sale.

I hope this helps

Phil

flowers for real lax

swiss movement i wish our love would last forever (yellow record gold lable ) whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

king tutt---i paid £225

flowers---i paid £600

more money than sense i hear you shout!!!

it's my hobbie, leave me alone whistling.gif

Social source share

I'd say the £60 is more like "about right" in the real world :) However in the strange world of northern soul, for some strange reason most want to pay about in the £100's for a record that doesn't appear to be that hard to pick up, plenty of copies seem to be about for sale whistling.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest dave clifford

You didn't say if the King Tutt was a 7" or a 12"

If it's a 12" it's totally worthless along with the Family Of Eve & the Ike Strong but it's your lucky day as i'm feeling really generous so i'll give you a fiver each for them :thumbsup:

cunnie all are 7"

Social source share

Guest dave clifford

Paid £100 for my Flowers in 1989! Nothing like a good vinyl investment :yes:

[/paid £20 for my copy from soulbowl in 1985 ish :thumbsup: quote]

Social source share

:yes:

I'd say the £60 is more like "about right" in the real world
:yes:
However in the strange world of northern soul, for some strange reason most want to pay about in the £100's for a record that doesn't appear to be that hard to pick up, plenty of copies seem to be about for sale
:thumbsup:

:lol::yes::lol:
Spot on Chalke's don't waste yer hard earned mate!

Social source share

Guest lotusland

The value for King Tutt is a rock solid $400 usd these days, mostly because of the Japanese, actually. The 12" will fetch more, and is very very rare.

I found a handfull of Tutt's last year and everytime I've sold it it went to Japan. I still have 2 more, 400 usd a pop for anyone who needs it, PM me..

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

The value for King Tutt is a rock solid $400 usd these days, mostly because of the Japanese, actually. The 12" will fetch more, and is very very rare.

I found a handfull of Tutt's last year and everytime I've sold it it went to Japan. I still have 2 more, 400 usd a pop for anyone who needs it, PM me..

Yet again I do not understand why this going for this money. Was not a hard record in the 80s and 90s. Is it because once people have it they will not let it go ?

Or is it as Lotusland has said the dear old Jap market has forced the price for some reason ?

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Yet again I do not understand why this going for this money. Was not a hard record in the 80s and 90s. Is it because once people have it they will not let it go ?

Or is it as Lotusland has said the dear old Jap market has forced the price for some reason ?

Simple economics, a decent amount of copies about 15 years ago or so, but a great 45 that hurts to let go. Add in another huge market (the japanese) that takes a fancy to it and another smaller one (young funk/disco kids that love late 7ts/8ts soul but cant relate to older more traditional 'northern' sound) and you got a 400 dollar 45! If disco guys find out what a killer disco flip it has, this could go up even further. I just heard that somebody offered my friend $3000 for the 12"!!!

Social source share

Simple economics, a decent amount of copies about 15 years ago or so, but a great 45 that hurts to let go. Add in another huge market (the japanese) that takes a fancy to it and another smaller one (young funk/disco kids that love late 7ts/8ts soul but cant relate to older more traditional 'northern' sound) and you got a 400 dollar 45! If disco guys find out what a killer disco flip it has, this could go up even further. I just heard that somebody offered my friend $3000 for the 12"!!!
Hi Lotusland, seen the King Tutt's on your website & wondered how much they were. Know of about 6 copy's of the 12" in the UK including 1 demo copy, funny thing is i've never seen a demo of the 7" version.

The 12" is a bit of a holy grail for me (had a couple of 7s but can't track down the 12)

Great site by the way :thumbsup:

Currently playing the Terry Gengis that you have got listed but got no idea of it's value. Any info?

Here's a link to the site

https://www.lotuslandrecords.net/

Social source share

Guest lotusland

the 45 of terry genghis is a real cheapie (about $15 or so) and very nice for the era. i'm a sucker for falsetto, especially out of era (late 7ts, 8ts even 9ts!) the 12" is more like $75.

thanks for the plug!

andy

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

flowers for real lax

swiss movement i wish our love would last forever (yellow record gold lable ) :thumbsup:

GREAT RECORD - What price does this go for ? -Didn't it coem out on a blue vinyl

Social source share

Guest lotusland

GREAT RECORD - What price does this go for ? -Didn't it coem out on a blue vinyl

I had 2 of the blue vinyl's last year. These were the 2nd presses on Full Sail. There also is a stock black vinyl on Full Sail. Value about $450 usd (they both sold in two days, so maybe that was a little low). Jeree should be more like $700, although the market could take it higher or lower on any given day.

Lotus Land is doing the official re release of Family of Eve this month, got the masters and its all square with the band. So if you can wait a month or so, you can get one for $6!!

Social source share

Guest OskarB

Pat Brady had one on auction a week ago or so. Dunno what the final price ws, but £220 with one hour to go.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lotusland

just heard the flip side of 7 miles per hour band "latin freak"

tell me oh copyholder... is there a location on this particular 45? i need some info on this one. sounds DAMN good.

i'd imagine this to be around $500 - but what do i know...

Social source share

How the f*** can it be "rock solid" at that price when Pikey has stated that its gone for half that on ebay recently?

You trying to shift a few copies that you paid a tad too much for, by any chance? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

just heard the flip side of 7 miles per hour band "latin freak"

tell me oh copyholder... is there a location on this particular 45? i need some info on this one. sounds DAMN good.

i'd imagine this to be around $500 - but what do i know...

it's fukc rubbish.... & fouk all by the sound of it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!