Bruce Hawes Book (On Philly Soul)

Roburt

'GROWING UP IN THE SOUND OF PHILADELPHIA'

............. EXTRACT ............

~From The Chapter~ "LIFE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY BEGINS"

“This is T Life,” Earl Shelton announced to me and this is Bruce Hawes,” he said to T. Life. The two of us shook hands. “I want you to listen to some of his songs and let me know what you think,” Earl Shelton stated. T Life agreed and invited me into his office. Now Theodore Life was also an artist on Philadelphia International Label. ‘T~Life,’ as he was called then, would discover Evelyn Champagne King’ a few years later. T Life would also have in his group, Talmadge G Conway who was another talented staff songwriter and a member of his signed band, ‘Spiritual Concept.”

Roland and Carl Chambers were also members of this exotic 'Funk Rock Band' of Philadelphia International Records. Then, another member was a GREAT and wonderful songwriter named: Dexter Wansel. In later years he would become a staff member and Produce Patti LaBelle and write, ‘If Only You Knew,’ with someone from my post High School group, 'The Original Overbrook Singers,' a gospel group that I had just recently quit being a member of. His collaborator name was the amazing creator, Cindy Biggs. Cynthia Biggs and I had collaborated on, a few years before she met Dexter, her very first song

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!