Damon Harris Close To Death

Roburt

Damon Harris, ex Philly singer (Young Vandals, Unifics, Impact & solo artist) PLUS ex Temptation is close to death. He has been fighting prostrate cancer for some time

The ex Temptation great is reminded daily that he is in the fight of his life and it is a battle that gets more challenging as each second ticks off the clock. Harris is open about his illness, which he was diagnosed with in 1999, and blunt about his prospects.

"I'm here by the grace of God only," he said. "My worse fears are dying as a broke and alone musician."

It wasn't as though Harris mismanaged his earnings with The Temptations. Prostate cancer, like any other cancer, is expensive to fight.

The Baltimore native said he goes month-to-month often not knowing how he will meet his bills. Rent on his condo near Baltimore is paid, "whenever I can make the payment," he said. "I live a very simple life, but I'm sick and there isn't much I can do. I've been offered gigs, some I haven't been able to do because, since October, I haven't been able to walk much," he said.

"I'm still here," he said. "Cancer has been trying to shut my system down and the doctors here have been trying to put it off as best they can."

.... INFO found using link posted up on net by MAA (Motown Alumni Association).

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

John: given the personal nature of this information, could you please link to the source when you post something like this? You should probably do it with other webpages of info instead of just straight copying the text in many different posts. But something like this is a sensitive issue and I think it's even more important that people verify the source in this case. Thanks.

Social source share

Damon (& his group) played Prestatyn Legends Weekender in October 2007.

Though I spent a bit of time talking with him back then, he was more private about his medical challenges then.

He showed no signs (then) of the problems he must have been experiencing and put on a really great show.

Social source share

John, can you actually post links to things like this? I saw you modified your post but having to google the motown alumni association to look for a link really isn't different to having to google the text you copied and pasted. I don't understand the difficulty in posting links when you're posting tons of copied and pasted text. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!