Guest indiana45s

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1969 Pete.

Mel was a member of the Visitors who had 2 releases on Bashie/Dakar in the late 60's. "Until you came along" was the more popular of the two. She'll Come Running Back was his first solo release in 1969. He recorded more in the late 70's. His son, Melieck Britt, is also a recording artist.

:thumbsup:

Edited by MrC
Social source share

1969 Pete.

Mel was a member of the Visitors who had 2 releases on Bashie/Dakar in the late 60's. "Until you came along" was the more popular of the two. She'll Come Running Back was his first solo release in 1969. He recorded more in the late 70's. His son, Melieck Britt, is also a recording artist.

:thumbsup:

The Visitors had 4 records. Mel was not a member on the Dakar 45s; he is on their Dispo record and sings lead on the record they released as the Mist on Twinight. He was previously a member of the Versatiles on Staff

Social source share

The Visitors had 4 records. Mel was not a member on the Dakar 45s; he is on their Dispo record and sings lead on the record they released as the Mist on Twinight. He was previously a member of the Versatiles on Staff

I stand corrected, the information I had had been passed on to me by someone who had talked to Mel, but obviously not about his prior releases!

Social source share

I've talked to the Fipi (yes, it's actually Fipi and not Fip) label owner and I don't think he started the label until the early 70s. I will find the track in copyright later today to confirm.

Pete I think Boba is referring to a person called Fipi rather than the label name in this case. Thats how I read it. Matter of interest came across an LP many moons ago for some kind of Disney film soundtrack. Backing vocals featured Melvin C Britt. Maybe around 82 from memory.

Nope... definitely says 'the Fipi Label owner' and not 'Fipi the owner of the label'

Social source share

One of the craziest arguments I've ever seen on soul source...

whatever, people on here make up all kinds of BS, and I met with the FIP / FIPI label owner at an applebees at 95th and western. the waitress was a total bitch and didn't get us water for like an hour and then yelled at us. I was really mad but trying to ignore it since we were interacting with the label owner. Then my friend who I was with felt really bad afterwards and we had to walk outside for a while. he went to the hospital the next day and it turned out his appendix burst. but he didn't die because it formed like a sac that contained all the crap. they inserted some sort of tube into it and it was draining pus for like 4 weeks.

Social source share

I was wrong about the date, I found "She'll come running back" in copyright. It's copywritten Nov 6th 1969. It might have actually come out at the beginning of 1970, but it's just around '69-'70. What's weirder is that it's marked as "cancelled". The record must have been released before he joined the visitors but after the versatiles.

Social source share