Found A Jamaican Version Of Jeanette Williams

Pete S

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard this for the first time which was about 3 minutes ago - a rocksteady version of Jeanette Williams - All Of A Sudden - and it's great! But where on earth would they have picked that up from?? It's by Carl Dawkins by the way, well worth a listen.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Load of horse trollops Pete in my humble opinion.

By the way I'm also totally pissed off today as I got a £30.00 parking fine off a copper on a mountain bike for parking on double yellow lines in Wombourne village centre. I was only gone for 2 minutes.

Social source share

I might be barking up the wrong tree but...isn't there an earlier Soul version of this by someone like ZZ Hill or Mckinley Mitchell ?

,,,There is a very sizeable Jamiacan community in Atlanta Georgia and other major southern Cities. So several 'southern soul' hist were covered by Jamiacan artists. Backbeat would definitely be on their radar. Not sure if Carl Dawkins is now based in USA ......?

Social source share

Load of horse trollops Pete in my humble opinion.

By the way I'm also totally pissed off today as I got a £30.00 parking fine off a copper on a mountain bike for parking on double yellow lines in Wombourne village centre. I was only gone for 2 minutes.

Craig, you either get it or you don't with this stuff, there doesn't seem to be a dividing line. Just listen to that rolling bass...fantastic!

I have no sympathy for anyone parking on double yellow lines in MY village, they are usually lazy bastards who want to get nearer the chip shop or the cash machine, but I am shocked that you got a ticket because as far as I know, we have no police here!

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard this for the first time which was about 3 minutes ago - a rocksteady version of Jeanette Williams - All Of A Sudden - and it's great! But where on earth would they have picked that up from?? It's by Carl Dawkins by the way, well worth a listen.

Excellent track Pete.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert