Live Acts - Mid 70s/early 80s

Guest Netspeaky

Guest Netspeaky

Should we be bringing over artists and groups from the mid 70's to early 80's as well as the 60's, surely these guys/gals should enjoy a little FAME and maybe a little fortune, while they are still around to enjoy it.

Any thoughts on who: :thumbsup:

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would there be any one to cut the mustard so to speak................cant think of any one off the top of my head with the energy in there songs like the 60's artists, for me the edge that soul music had in the sixty's soon dewindled in the seventys. do you think there would be as much demand on artist's from these era's as say the Masquraders or the mighty Precisions? maybe in a modern room?

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Would there be any one to cut the mustard so to speak................cant think of any one off the top of my head with the energy in there songs like the 60's artists, for me the edge that soul music had in the sixty's soon dewindled in the seventys. do you think there would be as much demand on artist's from these era's as say the Masquraders or the mighty Precisions? maybe in a modern room?
Baz, I was thinking more about records from this era that had crossed over to the northern scene or even the crossover scene and finding some of these artists/group to come over to do somewhere like Prestatyn, were perhaps they only need a tune or two. Surely if we would have had the chance we would have liked the opportunity to have seen Ed Summers sing in the flesh. :thumbsup: Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

BEEN SPEAKING TO A FEW 70'S SINGERS...THEY ALWAYS SAY THEY WANT TO COME OVER.

DONT SEE WHY NOT. SO LONG AS THEY CAN CUT THE MUSTARD AS YOU SAY.

BEEN SPEAKING TO THE LEAD SINGER OF

FOUR BELOW ZERO "ESP" FAME...HE STILL SOUNDS GREAT AND WOULD LOVE TO PLAY.

AND THE SINGER OF CANIA "VISIONS" ALSO SAID THIS AND IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON NEW MATERIAL.

HALF THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING SOMETHING STARTED MYSELF.

BUT WOULD IT REALLY WORK?

SAYING THAT THE JAZZ CAFE PUT ON SOME GREAT 70'S ARTISTS.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

BEEN SPEAKING TO A FEW 70'S SINGERS...THEY ALWAYS SAY THEY WANT TO COME OVER.

DONT SEE WHY NOT. SO LONG AS THEY CAN CUT THE MUSTARD AS YOU SAY.

BEEN SPEAKING TO THE LEAD SINGER OF

FOUR BELOW ZERO "ESP" FAME...HE STILL SOUNDS GREAT AND WOULD LOVE TO PLAY.

AND THE SINGER OF CANIA "VISIONS" ALSO SAID THIS AND IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON NEW MATERIAL.

HALF THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING SOMETHING STARTED MYSELF.

BUT WOULD IT REALLY WORK?

SAYING THAT THE JAZZ CAFE PUT ON SOME GREAT 70'S ARTISTS.

I think it would work in somewhere like Prestatyn, as they wouldn't have to do an hour set and I'm sure some of them can still do the business, I have seen some 60's act's who can't. I would love to see Four Below Zero singing their classic by the way. :thumbsup: Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

I think it would work in somewhere like Prestatyn, as they wouldn't have to do an hour set and I'm sure some of them can still do the business, I have seen some 60's act's who can't. I would love to see Four Below Zero singing their classic by the way. :thumbsup:

do we get to work on it then fella??? yes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert