Stoke All Nighter -Kings Hall This Sat

Final details, ticket info, directions, DJ line-up etc

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9th THE All Nighter at the Kings Hall, Stoke.

Jnc 15/16-M6 in Stoke Town Centre(do not head for 'city centre' that's Hanley!)

Open 9pm-6am in 2 rooms with a huge sellers marketplace featuring the usual dealers Butch, Tim Ashibende, Sean Chapman, Rob Smith,Keith Williams etc etc and a million record boxes(Gary Field's bringing the ABC stock issue of Earl Jackson!)

Admission by advance ticket £10 or £12 otd Ticket outlets are; Discount Disc(01782-266888), Beatin Rhythm(0161-834-7783) and Denise North(Bradford), Derek Allen(Leicester), Terry/Lynne(Prestwich), Robs Records, Nottm, Terry Finn(Doncaster), Dave Evison(Stoke) or on the net www.goldsoul.co.uk

THE LINE-UP;

Main room(generally oldies early doors then rarer has the night progresses)

DEREK ALLEN, KEV ROBERTS, TERRY DAVIES, DAVE EVISON, GINGER TAYLOR, CHRIS KING, KENNY BURRELL, SOUL SAM BOB HINSLEY, NEIL JONES.

Modern room;

COLIN CURTIS, TERRY JONES, ROGER WILLIAMS, TONY DAWBER/JOHN CAIN.

Consistently(since 96) the best attended ALL NIGHTER in the UK.

A very enjoyable night in a super venue.

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

BE NICE FOR FOLKS TO GET THERE AT 9 OCLOCK AND CATCH DERICKS ALLAN SPOT ,NOT JUST OLDIES FROM THAT LAD HAS FOLKS WHO GO TO THE UNION WILL NO ,GOT SOME NICE RARE STUFF TO

SPAN [DERICKS ROADY LOL ]

Main room(generally oldies early doors then rarer has the night progresses)

DEREK ALLEN, KEV ROBERTS, TERRY DAVIES, DAVE EVISON, GINGER TAYLOR, CHRIS KING, KENNY BURRELL, SOUL SAM BOB HINSLEY, NEIL JONES.

Modern room;

COLIN CURTIS, TERRY JONES, ROGER WILLIAMS, TONY DAWBER/JOHN CAIN.

Consistently(since 96) the best attended ALL NIGHTER in the UK.

A very enjoyable night in a super venue.

link

A quick word of praise to DJ Terry Davies who makes his last appearance on the regular ALL NIGHTER line-up at the Kings Hall.

TD will continue to work at the ALL OLDIES event in JULY. Basically he's retiring from the 'front line'.

If any DJ wants to know how to play biggie and oldies in the same set, say hello to Terry. A wonderful crowd pleaser and top guy.

The Niter is of course this Saturday, and while on this subject, the dates for next year are; MARCH 15(Regular Line-up), JULY 23(All Oldies), SEPT 17(Newly added. No Modern at this one, its TORCH REVIVAL downstairs with Colin Curtis, Pep, Keith Minshull and guests. And upstairs 'RAREST OF THE RARE' with Butch, Mick H, Andy Dyson, Rob Thomas, John Poole and guests.

Oct 15 will be the usual All Niter line-up.

Although the Kings Hall is oldies orientated, Kenny Burrell will put paid to that on Saturday methinks! I do hope Gary Field brings his newly found Black issue of Earl Jackson on ABC. Stoke does seem the appropriate place for it(ie Tony Jebb circa 1973, 3 miles away in Tunstall)

Ady,

Flogging a dead horse? The promotion is the most popular in the UK(the figures prove it). I'm proud of the event and so are 1,000's of Soul fans who visit the venue.

Best of luck at the 100 this Saturday, but let the public decide 'what to discuss'.

I am re-dressing the balance a little on what I consider is the BEST platform on the net. You can't blame an organisation for plugging good gigs!

Kev

Now here is a genuine question. A guy e-mailed earlier to say he's going to the Kings Hall, staying until 1, then off to the 100 club.

Anyone else trying this one?

Now here is a genuine question. A guy e-mailed earlier to say he's going to the Kings Hall, staying until 1, then off to the 100 club.

Anyone else trying this one?

link

No

Actually on Saturday the wife and I are going out for Burger and Chips in a packed restaurant surrounded by people who care little about food and then after we've had enough we're off to see Gordon Ramsay for dessert.

Come to think of it...

Hammy

Most people hand out flyers at the Kings Hall. THEY KNOW WHERE THE BIG CROWDS ARE!

The record dealers know it too, just ask KeithWilliams, Tim Ashibende etc etc.

I can feel one hell of a reply coming from Dave..............

KEV-ARE THEY BIG RECORD DEALERS THEN.

link

Hello Mick,

There's only one BIG dealer at every venue.....EBAY!

I'm collecting British again............

Best Wishes,

Kev

Try Manship he has a few for sale

span :)   :D

link

Spanner,

Security have been given telescopes to update me on yours/Derek Allen's arrival time.

9pm OK, no stopping at any chemists en route!

Guest micksmith

Hello Mick,

There's only one BIG dealer at every venue.....EBAY!

I'm collecting British again............

Best Wishes,

Kev

link

WHY?-MICK

WHY?-MICK

link

Lord knows why!

I know one thing, if ever a dealer would be raking it in at the Kings Hall Sellers Marketplace it would be you.

Set aside one of the dates next year and clean up!

Start time 9pm in the Kings Hall. Record Sellers market place open at same time.

Modern roon open at 10am.

DJ's DEREK ALLEN, KEV ROBERTS, DAVE EVISON, TERRY DAVIES, CHRIS KING, GINGER TAYLOR, BOB HINSLEY, SOUL SAM, NEIL JONES, KENNY BURRELL,

COLIN CURTIS, TERRY JONES, ROGER WILLIAMS, TONY DAWBER,JOHN CAIN.

Tickets are SOLD OUT. YOU CAN PAY ON THE DOOR £12 (9pm-6am) no admission after 3.30 am

M6-JNC 15 or 16 follow signs for 'stoke' not 'city centre'

Park at Kingsway car park,Glebe St.

Start time 9pm in the Kings Hall. Record Sellers market place open at same time.

Modern roon open at 10am.

DJ's DEREK ALLEN, KEV ROBERTS, DAVE EVISON, TERRY DAVIES, CHRIS KING, GINGER TAYLOR, BOB HINSLEY, SOUL SAM, NEIL JONES, KENNY BURRELL,

COLIN CURTIS, TERRY JONES, ROGER WILLIAMS, TONY DAWBER,JOHN CAIN.

Tickets are SOLD OUT. YOU CAN PAY ON THE DOOR  £12  (9pm-6am) no admission after 3.30 am

M6-JNC 15 or 16  follow signs for 'stoke'  not 'city centre'

Park at Kingsway car  park,Glebe St.

link

Guess those coming to 100club can make it back up for the opening of the modern room?

Guess those coming to 100club can make it back up for the opening of the modern room?

link

And well spotted David. Of course it should read 10pm.

Thanks for being alert and helpful.

And well spotted David. Of course it should read 10pm.

Thanks for being alert and helpful.

link

Glad to be of help Kevin, hate to think of anyone hanging around for hours waiting for 10am

Guest in town Mikey

Glad to be of help Kevin, hate to think of anyone hanging around for hours waiting for 10am

link

Dave.

You just reminded me about the wait til midday at Stoke train station on the Sunday morning for the first train back to London.

No prizes for guessing the Maxine Brown track that we kept singing. whistling.gif

Dave.

You just reminded me about the wait til midday at Stoke train station on the Sunday morning for the first train back to London.

No prizes for guessing the Maxine Brown track that we kept singing. whistling.gif

link

LONDON ? Oh no that's The Smiths ;-)

Dave.

link

Was it 'I'm Waiting On Stoke Station For The First London train' ?

No ?

Ah well, I'll get my coat.

Guest in town Mikey

Was it 'I'm Waiting On Stoke Station For The First London train' ?

No ?

Ah well, I'll get my coat.

link

Close but no cigar. Just think ofKenny Burrell and his wife in fancy dress at Cleethorpes. That should give you a clue whistling.gif

Close but no cigar. Just think ofKenny Burrell and his wife in fancy dress at Cleethorpes. That should give you a clue ph34r.gif

link

Not really Mikey, as to my shame I've never been to Cleethorpes whistling.gif

'I'm the guy in S & M gear at Stoke station waiting for the London train' ?

Although I can't actually remember Maxine recording this (She did record 'It's Torture' though.

link

How about at the SPECIAL ADDITIONAL NITER-September 17 next year to be held at the Kings Hall(RAREST OF THE RARE) WITH BUTCH, KENNY, ANDY D etc etc I come round with FREE Cigars and champagne for 100 club regulars and LET YOU IN FREE as well. An open invitation to the first 50 who take me up on the offer.

i was selling SAM DEES to nige brown kev ,but will bethere on time

spanner

link

I know and selling it for £200.........!

Finally to the 'ABERGAVENNY' posse, if England lose today I'm calling Johnny Pearson in to play the Javells 26 times in a row tonight in Stoke.

I think we are going to be the only Welsh people smiling tonight

(it's like a ghost town allready down here)

......Andrew

link

cheers andrew

Same goes for anyone from Swindon, if Wednesday get beat tomorrow there'll be serious consequences with requests. For example....Wiltshire Soul fan asks for Cheatin Fan-Don Gardner.......Witshire Soul fan gets Gary Lewis and the Playboys.

STURROCK + SOUL = STOKE TONIGHT!