December Set Sale List From Soul Force Records

Agent45

Postage: $3/US, $5/Canada, $7/International. PM or email agent45@gmail.com to reserve. Photos and sound files for all of these are located at www.soulforcerecords.com

Buddy Ace — Nothing In the World Can Hurt Me (Except You) / It's Gonna Be Me (Duke 397) VG+ $40

The African Beavers — You Got Something / Night Time Is the Right Time (RCA Victor 8639) VG+ wlp $20

JJ Barnes — Please Let Me In / I Think I Found A Love (Ric Tic 106) VG+ wlp wol *SOLD*

Joe Bataan — Ordinary Guy / Too Much Lovin' (Fania 451) VG+ $35 *HOLD*

Eddie Billups — Feel It / I Won't Be Around (Josie 971) VG+/VG $25

B side a bit noisier than A side, hence grading.

Bobby Bland — Shoes / A Touch of the Blues (Duke 426) VG(+) $30

The Blossoms — That's When the Tears Start / Good, Good Lovin' (Reprise 0436) VG

Clicks for the first 7 rotations, then plays cleanly.

Broadway Express — It's Okay With Me / Satisfaction (IDB 1008) VG $40

Nappy Brown — Coal Miner / Hoonie-Boonie (Savoy 1594) VG+ $75

Gene Chandler — Baby That's Love / Bet You Never Thought (Constellation 166) VG $20

Ray Charles — I Don't Need No Doctor / Please Say You're Fooling (ABC 10865) VG $25

The Chosen Few — Taking All the Love I Can / I Can't Take No Chances (Maple 9000) Strong VG $30 *HOLD*

Moses Davis — For Dancers Only / Mose's Grove (Tollie 9004) NM- wlp wol $25

Don and Bob — Good Morning Little Schoolgirl / I'm Lost (Argo 5400) VG+ *SOLD*

The Drifters — If You Don't Come Back / Rat Race (Atlantic 2191) NM- sol *SOLD*

Thomas East & the Fabulous Playboys — I Get A Groove / You're What's Happening (Toddlin' Town TT 112) NM wlp $20

Great Andre Williams production.

The Electras — Another Man's Woman / Nothing In the World (De-Lite 535) NM- wlp $25

The Environmental Sound — Let the Big Wheels Roll / Come On Let's Fly (Marshall 003) VG(+) $50

Very rare Funk 45 from Atlanta.

The Fabulous Gardenias — What's the Matter With Me / It's You, You, You (Liz 104) VG(+) $40 *HOLD*

Great playing copy of this killer Atlanta R&B 45 featuring Calvin Arnold.

Gerri Granger — Breakdown / Stick Close (Big Top 514) VG+ wlp $100

Delores Hall — Good Lovin' Man / W-O-M-A-N (Keymen K-111) VG+ wlp $20

Slim Harpo — I'm Your Bread Maker, Baby / Loving You (Excello 2282) VG $25

Z.Z. Hill — One Way Love Affair / Come On Home (MH 202) VG+ wlp wol *SOLD*

Z.Z. Hill — You Don't Love Me / Have Mercy Someone (Kent 4550) NM $20

Bobby D. Husband — Man's Best Friend / Don't Lose Faith (Mid-Way 1002) M- *SOLD*

Bobby Hutton — Come See What's Left Of Me / Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (Philips 40601) NM- wlp $250

Jarvis Jackson — Something I Never Had / The Long John (Sims 291) VG $30

Hard to find Atlanda R&B 45 produced by the great Bill Haney.

Johnny Jones & the King Casuals — Soul Poppin / Blues For The Brothers (Peachtree 102) NM- $40

Ernie K-Doe — A Certain Girl / I Cried My Last Tear (Minit 634) VG $20

Jimmy Lewis — Feelin In Mah Bones / Koppin A Plea (4J 508) VG+ $40

Little Helen — The Richest Girl / More and More (Soultown 103) VG++ wlp $20

Love I & II — Funky Down / Streak-Off (Love III L-10) VG+ $75

Rare Georgia-born Funk 45, recorded in Atlanta.

The Lovers — Do This For Me / Someone (Philips 40353) VG $20

Jimmy McCracklin — Can't Raise Me / Every Night, Every Day (Imperial 66094) VG(+) $25

The Mighty Marvelows — Talkin' Bout Ya, Baby / In the Morning (ABC 11011) VG+ $20

Mickey McCullers — Who You Gonna Run To / Same Old Story (VIP 25009) VG(+) wol $80

Mike & Bill — Somebody's Gotta Go (Sho Ain't Me) vocal / instrumental (Arista AS-0319) NM wlp wol $20

Fine, and underrated funky soul 45.

Grover Mitchell — That's A Mighty Good Reason / Everywhere I Go (Cindy 001) VG+ $40 *HOLD*

Early 60s R&B 45 (Grover's first, perhaps) produced by Calvin Arnold and Herb Lance. It's been years since I've had one of these.

Peg Leg Moffett — The Shocker / Teeny Weeny Bit (Peachtree 103) VG+ $50

Two fantastic sides from what is probably Atlanta's most collectible soul label.

Little Esther Phillips — While It Lasted / Why Should We Try Anymore (Lenox NX-5570) NM- $25

Evergreen beat ballad

Pips — Every Beat of My Heart / Room In Your Heart (HunTom 2510) VG++ $350

The 45 that started everything for Gladys Knight & The Pips! First issue that was sold to Fury and then again (!) to Vee Jay by one of the label partners, allegedly without the knowledge of the other partner in this record label. This is easily the cleanest copy I've ever offered of this record.

Eddie Ray — I Stand Accused part 1 / I Stand Accused part 2 (Prix HSI-7101) NM- $30

Otis Redding — Fat Gal / Shout Bamalama (Confederate 135) VG- *OFFERS*

Extremely hard to find first issue of this classic Otis Redding 45. This is the copy I've used as my own DJ copy, and while it certainly isn't easy on the eyes, it's still pleasing to the ears, sounding way better than it looks (check the sound file). Given the condition and the rarity, I'm having a hard time putting a firm price on this one. Please feel welcome to send me an offer.

The Superiors - I'd Rather Die / Heavenly Angel (Sue 12) VG++ $30 *HOLD*

Josephine Taylor — What Is Love? / I Wanna Know (Mar-V-Lus 6013) VG++ $40

Sherri Taylor — He's The One That Rings My Bell / I've Got A Crush (Gloreco GL-1002) NM *OFFERS*

Exceedingly rare Detroit R&B 45. All sensible offers considered.

Joe Tex — I Wanna Be Free / Blood's Thicker Than Water (Dial 3016) VG $85

Joe Tex — Old Time Lover / I'd Rather Have You (Dial 3020) VG+/VG- $40

B side plays fairly noisily for the first part, though calms down further in. Thankfully, Old Time Lover plays like a charm.

Irma Thomas — Break-A-Way / Wish Someone Would Care (Imperial 66013) VG $20

Joe Towns — Take Mama Out of That Shack / Down and Out World (Top Dog 106) NM- $25

Zaida Turner — I Want To Find Some One / Every Step Of The Way (Tuneglow 5) VG+ $80

Randolph Walker — Achin' All Over / You'll Lose Your Love (Mala 572) VG+ $40

Lovelace Watkins — Dreams / Who Am I (Sue 10-003) VG+/VG $120

B side has a couple of audible scratches but does not skip. B side label has a black marker mark on it as well. "Dreams" is in better shape and sounds great.

Lynn Westbrook — African Strut part 1 / African Strut part 2 (Esprit 29446) NM- $40

Beautiful copy of this tough Atlanta Funk 45.

Kim Weston — Looking For the Right Guy (Tamla 54100) VG+ wlp $50

One-sided Audition copy.
Edited by Agent45
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source