Looking Through A Box - Found These?

I have been looking through a box of a few hundred singles. Its a right mix, some good new wave and punk tracks etc and some disco type stuff. But mainly terrible early 60's pop and other aweful sounds...

But, i have found a few 45's that have mad my ears twig up. I think some of these tracks arent too bad, some are rather good. But a quick youtube/google search hasnt brought up much. Can any one tell me if any these ever got plays on the Northern scene? Or just generally what people think of the tracks if they have heard of them? I doubt any are worth much, just more interested in what people think...

1. The Ultimate Truth - Take A Little Time - J City Records - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Truth-45-Hooked-Love-Little-Time-Soul-EX-/380424374378?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item58930f486a Quite a funky track, but with a "northern" sounding verse/harmonies.

2. Tiny Watkins - Way Across Town - Excello

Not a bad little tune..

3. Johnny Jones & The Soul Explosion - Sore Loser/I Can't Help Myself - Chirrup - Seems a fairly decent double sider.

4. The Delrons - It's Waiting there For You - Mala - Quite a decent floaty blue eyed soul effort. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EhYKBWO0A

5. The Reflections - Comin At You - Golden World -

Its a bit too poppy for me, but youtube says its northern soul...

Any info would be interesting,

Cheers,

Jordan

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest ScooterNik

What's the other side of the Reflections track? The title is familiar, but I think it was the other side I know it for.

I really need to drag my singles cases out.

Social source share

Most of those have been played somewhere, at some time.

Reperata and the Delrons was played quite heavily for a period around 1978. Johnny Jones I can't help myself was also played mid 70s and was pressed on Chirrup, the original is quite a hard record to get, and the price can vary wildly.

Tiny Watkins and the reflections also played out at various venues over the years.

Don't know the Ultimate Truth track (I dont think), but can't be sure as I cant check out the youtube link while at work - pretty sure someone on here will know it though.

Social source share

Cheers for info, it is Reperata and the Delrons and it is on a pail/pastel blue Mala lable. So its a boot is it?

The Johnny Jones is on a white Chirrup lable, is the original one yellow? ASs i have seen that up for sale for a fair bit more than the white one i have found.

The ultimate Truth is quite a decent sound, but not amazing. I will get a sound file up, but the USB turntable i have isnt the best.

Social source share

Cheers for info, it is Reperata and the Delrons and it is on a pail/pastel blue Mala lable. So its a boot is it?

The Johnny Jones is on a white Chirrup lable, is the original one yellow? ASs i have seen that up for sale for a fair bit more than the white one i have found.

The ultimate Truth is quite a decent sound, but not amazing. I will get a sound file up, but the USB turntable i have isnt the best.

Yes the Reparata is a boot - original is yellow label and on black vinyl.

The Johnny Jones on yellow Chirrup is very rare, the white ones outnumber it 500 to 1!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!