LIMITED WDJ STYLE COLLECTORS ITEM - 100 COPIES - £20

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Odd one to release Neil ? Have to say I adore the record. Years and years before its time IMVHO. Good luck with it mate :thumbsup:

Well the fact is I actually own the master outright so it's not too much of a financial risk, I dont have to pay anyone to get the rights...

When I released it on Inferno back in 1979 the label who then owned it would not do a lease deal but insisted on selling it me outright...a copy of part of the contract is actually one of the illustrations on an article about Inferno in the current manifesto.

I came across the contract about 3 years ago whilst going through boxes I had kept from the Inferno days and thought then I would put the single out again at some point. Have revived Inferno with the EP by The Precisions so why not do it now? .Although it's not a mainstream Northern record it's quirky enough to have generated a fair bit of interest lately from people asking me if I have any copies left of the old Inferno release.

And as there never was a WDJ copy on Inner Ear I think a 100 limited run will be nice and collectable.

It's one of those records I can always remember Colin playing late at the Mecca..

I will not have them in stock for 3 or 4 weeks but anyone wantintg to reserve a copy just e-mail me..

rushtonneil@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Neil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!