Solomon Burke Documentary On The Bbc

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Gonna have to catch this round a mates my Digibox locks up on BBC4 really annoying! Ime too tight to subscribe to Sky! Cheers for the notice should be a good one blush.gif

Social source share

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but it's too godd to miss. Big Sol has his own documentary on BBC 4 this Friday 31st for an hour. Listed as a Radio Times Choice!

Thanks for the tip :rolleyes: I love this guy. Jerry Wexler said Solomon Burke was the best soul singer (with a borrowed band).

Social source share

Just managed to watch the last 10 minutes of this programme, said he has 79 grandchildren :huh: lordy lordy

Wonder what you were watching for the other 50 minutes? :shades:

As bathtime clashed with the start of Idol in our house, it had to be taped. Which meant I only got to see the last 10 mins of SB as well. Not out of choice though. :lol:

Social source share

Just managed to watch the last 10 minutes of this programme, said he has 79 grandchildren :thumbsup: lordy lordy

And 17 Great Grandchildren and still counting! :huh: lordy lordy lordy

Social source share

The live footage of Sam and Dave was fantastic

plus the interviews throughout the documentary with steve cropper where very enlightening

The biggest surprise to me was that Soul Man was written as a reference to grafiti in the Detroit race riots

I think ill watch it again in October biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert