Unkown Future Modern Monster From '83?

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sounds like a nice try, but - 2 things that might keep it from becoming a monster...:

backing vocals + synths (especially the solo..urgh :rolleyes: ...)

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
What ya think of this?? Only 80's tune I like......
80's group sound with a throw back sound, I can see it being played. :rolleyes:
Social source share

Doubt there's many copies around, as well. It's on a small west coast label. I've had one other which ended up in Japan a few years back. Haven't seen another until today.....

-Mike

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Nice group soul - Top Flight records out of Oakland - Did this ever get a 45 release ?

Very collectable on the Japanese scene.

Personal fave off the album is "Trippin ' " but then again I'm into that funky stuff as well !

Take care,

John :rolleyes:

What ya think of this?? Only 80's tune I like......
Social source share

'Set My Soul On Fire' by the Vosonics on Top Flight Records, Oakland California.

Of course it could be huge, great exchanging voacals and particularly like James English the bass singer, shades of Tempts and Melvin Franklin. Come on guys what 30 secs on synth among friends.

Last time I saw it sold it was a couple of years back it was over £100 then - Japan.

LP is a mix of ballads and funkier sounds.

Edited by soulfulsaint
Social source share

'Set My Soul On Fire' by the Vosonics on Top Flight Records, Oakland California.

Of course it could be huge, great exchanging voacals and particularly like James English the bass singer, shades of Tempts and Melvin Franklin. Come on guys what 30 secs on synth among friends.

Last time I saw it sold it was a couple of years back it was over £100 then - Japan.

LP is a mix of ballads and funkier sounds.

Funny you mention the Tempts, as it always reminded me of "Girl Why You Wanna Make Me Blue"...

-Mike

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I can see it being played but i don't like it, how can this be the only 80s you like?? :rolleyes: I know 1000 80s songs that are better, at the least :rolleyes::D

Not the worst i've heard but too poppy and a bit too much of a ditty.. quite like his falsetto tho'..

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!