Misleading Ads On Ebay

pikeys dog

Does anyone know who "raresoul0" is on eBay.....

He / She currently has a Five Royales 'Catch That Teardrop' listed at a starting bid of £450..... :o

A hefty price tag indeed, especially for a record that is fairly common..... and the write up is comical..... 6/7 copies in Britain? if that's the case I can probably name the owner of every single copy..... :angry:

Talk about "bigging" it up.....

Harumph!

WOOF!

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Raresoul0 is Kev Roberts... Aparently...

link

Billy The Boot. You are either the smartest guy or.................

Ashley Weaver as explained earlier. If you are being 'tongue in cheek' with the Raresoul0 line in reference to me. Sorry I came onto the scene in 1972. I 'll see if I can discover a tune as obviously I haven't previously!

Social source share

BTW - continuing with the 'over-hyping'... He listed Joey Delorenzo last week, stating that there were only 5 known copies :rolleyes:

Bullshit!

link

Billy,

Are we at cross purposes here. I explained that RARESOUL0 is Ashley Weaver from Nottingham. I should know, I bought Sam Dees(sss int'l from him off EBAY.)

You then implied 'raresoul0' was ME. Either that was 'in joke' or you really meant it.

As for Ashley's 5 known copies line re; Joey Delorenzo, I can't help you as I hate the record personally!

Kev

Social source share

:rolleyes:

Billy it looks like Mr roberts is "bexter" and he's seems to have got the hump.

Blimey are people getting hot under the collar over f88k all

so what there are only 3 of this or 5 of that and who cares if someones been into the scene since 72!!!!

My big sis was travelling the UK to soul venues in the 60's and has a collection second to none, many bought as first releases sent from the states and has more knowledge in her left nipple than some of these so called Gurus,

any way most of the stuff written about tunes on E-bay is bullshit to wet peoples juices.

look kev it must have been a pure mistake after all how was billy to know there was another bullshitter from Nottingham (joking)

Social source share

Hi all,

Yes Kev is soultripusa , have been a customer. Can't say he is Ashley bloke, never heard of him.

The Bay of E is an advertisers dream, if a salesmen bums a choon up and somebody is daft enough to believe them, then tough.

You really have to know what you are looking for and a little research will go a long way to help you find your elusive choon.

I have spoken to run of the mill record dealers and this is there way of clearing old stock,"just stick northern title on to it" this way there is young blood who don't have the knowledge that buy a country and western choon on a known label.

It is only good getting a bargain IF you know it's a bargain, not the place really to buy blind as it can be costly.

It's a shame really because it degrades the scene and someone that doesn't know the Northern may d/load a sound and unbeknown to them, it probably hasn't seen any dancefloors never mind a Northern room.

Research is the answer,

Haydn

Social source share

Chalky,

Doesn't bother me either way about who is what or where is him, just like getting on with the discussion bud.

I don't think that there should be any debates about anything other than the sanity of the scene and all who sail in her.

I have a great admiration for a lot of people and if i came across someone on this site that I didn't like, then I wouldn't submit to any of their topics, just like you wouldn't have a pint with them either.

I don't hide my name and don't care if I am speaking to Tufty McRabbit, as long as the topic is genuine enough.

Haydn

Social source share

Should we really be letting everyone know peoples ID's without their knowledge or permission.  People use ID's cause they don't want identifying.  Some aren't bothered but I know a lot who are!

link

I only agree with warning people about Ebay sellers, who do not send stuff that's been paid for (or sell stuff that isn't as described i.e mint when its scratched to f**k!).

As for the original point about hyping up the descriptions, well a seller is trying to make money. Nobody forces anybody to bid on anything they don't want! If people want to pay over the odds for something that's down to them. For every over-priced record on there, there's an under-priced tune to be had.

As for me I just go for stuff I want (or can afford) and generally stick with just a few same sellers. One seller who I regularly buy from (normally around pay day :rolleyes: ) is RECORDMANX in the States. Always gave good descriptions and I've never had any problems with him.

Remember Boys & Girls, ALWAYS CHECK THE FEEDBACK! :thumbup:

Social source share

Chalky,

Doesn't bother me either way about who is what or where is him, just like getting on with the discussion bud.

I don't think that there should be any debates about anything other than the sanity of the scene and all who sail in her.

I have a great admiration for a lot of people and if i came across someone on this site that I didn't like, then I wouldn't submit to any of their topics, just like you wouldn't have a pint with them either.

I don't hide my name and don't care if I am speaking to Tufty McRabbit, as long as the topic is genuine enough.

Haydn

link

Not having a go at anyone in particular, just saying should we be disclosing their info!? I don't hide my name either and don't give two hoots who knows, I don't bid till the last minute anyway if buying.

If they are buying the drinks I'll drink with anyone :rolleyes:

Social source share

Inside Out is not on!! That was 7:30, it's now 10:02! :D

Anyways... To carry on with the discussion; my eBay username (as if you couldn't guess) is the same as my soul-source username... Or is it?

I may have two! :)

You'll never know! Moi ha ha!! :4:

Well, actually it is billytheboot, but, like Chalky, I don't bid until the last minute.

BTW who are Samplat & Lastminutemiracle? They keep outbidding me...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!