[Rs] deon jackson - that's what you do to me - carla

Harry Crosby

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My copy of this is a heavy disc with drill hole on dark red carla, my mate bought one recently much lighter disc no drill hole, anyone shed any light on this? :thumbup:

Carla did press Originally on many different Variations >>> POPSIKE <<<

I'll post a few in a moment for comparison.

290020487401.jpg

Hard to tell from a scan, but even with the same design, the Label looks a different press.

Top one looks Viinyl & bottom one possibly Styrene as the Label appears to be stuck on

, but as I say hard to tell from these scans.

The Labels appear to be a different quality/texture.

4874734517.jpg

Not sure if any were BOOTS.

Sebastian has posted a few below, just beat me too it. :thumbup:

All of my scans are from PopSike.com

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andyrattigan

That's What You Do To Me - £40 in Manships 3rd Edition.

The White DEMO is extremely Rare.

The other Deon Jackson records are all good Value for money too.

Some can be picked up from ebay for a few Dollars.

Cheers. I had "Love makes the wrold go round" but sold it.

Social source share

This 45 must've been big seller. There are many different label variations due to having been pressed at different pressing plants at the same time for distribution in different parts of the US.

Some examples:

4883580813.jpg

4874734517.jpg

How can I put this :lol: ? Deon Jackson didn't release too many singles, so I thought I maybe able to collect a complete collection of them, however I refuse to buy any on the above label designs, because I don't like the design of them compared to the others. Does this make me odd? :lol:

Social source share

How can I put this laugh.png ? Deon Jackson didn't release too many singles, so I thought I maybe able to collect a complete collection of them, however I refuse to buy any on the above label designs, because I don't like the design of them compared to the others. Does this make me odd? laugh.png

No Mate

Makes perfect sense to me.

CARLA_2526b.gif

I quite like the West Coast Design,
whether or not I can find them all on this format is another thing.
Social source share

Phew :lol: !, Thanks for that bit of reassurrance, thought it may have just been me. :lol:

I've got Ooh Baby on the west coast design, quite like the later ones with the blue/yellow on white labels. I just think those ones I don't like, look like they've been made in the seventies or something. Think it's the type of font that they used for the name Carla that puts me off.

Social source share

• 7 years later...