Gladys 'love' O-gee

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

I picked up the above recently.

Can anyone confirm the actual artist - some say its Gladys Knight - I am not so sure.

Anyway i thinks its ace and I was wondering if anyone else rates it??

Shane

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I picked up the above recently. 

Can anyone confirm the actual artist - some say its Gladys Knight - I am not so sure.

Anyway i thinks its ace and I was wondering if anyone else rates it??

Shane

link

Listening to it, i'd say it's definately not Gladys Knight.... different texture to her voice... Gladys K has a bit more oomph....

Still a nice track though....

WOOF!

Social source share

the lady in question is non other than gay jamison--she recorded on a lot of the ogee stuff sometimes as gladys--miss gay jamison and did a good one on turntable called stay another day-- shane if you email me i will do you a tape of all her stuff and send you more info --jo

Social source share

the lady in question is non other than gay jamison--she recorded on a lot of the ogee stuff sometimes as gladys--miss gay jamison and did a good one on turntable called stay another day-- shane if you email me i will do you a tape of all her stuff and send you more info   --jo

link

Can you list her O-Gee stuff? and any other info on here? Would be interesting to see what she's done. Know the Stay Another Day well.

Social source share

Great info, would love to see Gladys listing. Regrettably I only know two of hers - Love, which I'll try to post up later, and this one which I think is just as good.

Dan

post-118-1096920074_thumb.jpg

Social source share

if you look at the ogee stuff you will more often than not see o d jamison on the credits---- related to gay jamison --also recorded under the name of gladys patrick fondly known as gladys(gladrags) patrick--she also was the co writer of a lot of ogee stuff----more useless info to follow---jo :o

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!