Patti Drew

heard this track at skeggy weekender "stop and listen" PATTI DREW asked the dj to have a decko at it was on a capital label any info on this current price ,reissue or original john h ..

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

heard this track at skeggy weekender "stop and listen" PATTI DREW asked the dj to have a decko at it was on a capital label any info on this current  price ,reissue  or original  john h ..

link

Nearly stuck my copy up for sale on my list (which can be found at https://www.witchsbrew.co.uk/forsale.htm ...incase I hadn't mentioned it before :D:D:) ) but then took another listen and liked it too much. Should be able to find it around the £15-£20 mark on the original (not been booted) 7". If not, it's on the LP...the name of which escapes me...'Tell Him', I think...

:D

Jason S

Social source share

Guest rachel

Seen it at slightly more than that on ebay, doesn't come up a lot though (been looking for a copy for the last 4 or 5 months). The Shirley Vaughn version on Fairmount is quite nice as well, but not a patch on Patti IMO.

Social source share

I rememebr that "Stop And Listen" seemed to be very popular in the north of England maybe 5 years ago, and then every dealer had it on his list at around £25 - £30, but I have not seen it much in the last couple of years, I think interest died down a bit after the "peak"(?) back then. Maybe it is due for a "revival"?? If it is possible to "revive" ultra well known classic oldies that have been constantly in-demand and popular for the last 30 years, then why not revive this lesser known (comparatively speaking) one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!