Rare Soul Pets

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

....My mate from the Mecca, Ali Craigen, who sadly emigrated to Australia, had two pet budgies called Sam and Kitty. Personally they looked like bootlegs to me, but he assures me they were originals.

...are there other pets out there called after rare soul acts....?

Not pet's named after rare soul act's, but my daughter's 6.5 yr old canary is a Northern soul bird.....

For the past 6.5 yrs everytime I play Northern he won't stop singing, but when Paris play's her chart stuff (tried hard to convert her but to no avail), he dosen't make a sound. Don't blame him either. :D

Karen

Social source share

....My mate from the Mecca, Ali Craigen, who sadly emigrated to Australia, had two pet budgies called Sam and Kitty. Personally they looked like bootlegs to me, but he assures me they were originals.

Our 2 1/2 year old Staffordshire bull Terrier is called STAX. After the label rather than soul acts...

post-4107-1144077872_thumb.jpg

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

post-664-1144079095_thumb.jpg

This is my dog Stella Named after the beer, absolutly nothing to do with this thread but any excuse to put a piture of her up cos I love her to bits.

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Had a cat called "MARVIN GAYE" Marvin cos it was black and Gaye because it was always rubbing up against blokes :D

Social source share

goldfish called Sam and Dave...............! They released a single way back in the 60's called "Soulfish"....................oh dear,never mind......... :D

Social source share

Guest ang b

we have an 18 mnth old staffie who loves northern if youre playing it he loves you to clap youre hands & dance he will run & get his old sock hang round youre leg & dance for hours with you :)

we also called our daughter with the middle name of dena our surname being barnes (dena barnes) :D

Social source share

I've got a snake if anyone can think of a name for it :yes:

Nat Adderly

I hate pets. When my stepdaughter was getting herself a flat she came up with some cock'n'bull story about her friend buying her a cat as a house-warming present but she had to pick one from the cat-rescue lady and her friend would pay later. I of course asked if the landlord allowed pets and she assured me he did. So off goes the wife and her to choose one and a couple of hours later they're back and she's got to pick it up a few days later. Then the wife starts on me that she's seen a cat too. I tell her I don't want a cat cos it will be me who ends up looking after it and it will ruin the furniture and carpets. For 4 or 5 days she kept on and eventually just to shut her up I agreed. Come the day off they both go again and 2 hours later they're back with a cat for the daughter and two bloody cats for us!! "He needs a friend" my wife said. Daughter goes off to her flat and I spend a couple of days forcefeeding the cats and cleaning up s**t everywhere. Take them to the vets and they've not been properly weaned.

I called him Tamla and her Thelma but now the sad part. We came down one morning and Thelma had died of a twisted bowel according to the vet. Then in the afternoon daughter comes around with her cat. Landlord

does not allow cats so we're back to two.

I feed them and empty the litter. They've clawed the leather suite. They moan until you let them in the bedroom and then jump around playing with the light switch cord at 3 am in the morning. Everything I feared would happen,did. My only consolation is that we had their boll**ks cut off although the wife said if she could have got a 3 for 2 deal she would have had me done at the same time. If I play records they sit in front of the turntable and watch it go round and at first they'd make a grab for it until I pointed out to them that they'd already lost their boll**ks and they wouldn't want to lose any other bits, which has done the trick.

Im now quite used to them but can you get cat-paint. I want to paint Tamla white with a big red A but the wife thinks he'll be a laughing stock with his cat mates.

ROD

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

If my wife and I ever secure that little cottage by the sea,she`d like a poodle and call it Fluffy Falana. :yes::yes:

Social source share

This is my dog Stella...

I'm surprised more people don't name their kids after drinks... Stella, Bella, Lambrini, Lambrusco, etc.

"Champaigne" is a nice name for a little girl. When she grows up and has a daughter of her own she could call her "Babycham".

:yes:

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Nat Adderly

I hate pets. When my stepdaughter was getting herself a flat she came up with some cock'n'bull story about her friend buying her a cat as a house-warming present but she had to pick one from the cat-rescue lady and her friend would pay later. I of course asked if the landlord allowed pets and she assured me he did. So off goes the wife and her to choose one and a couple of hours later they're back and she's got to pick it up a few days later. Then the wife starts on me that she's seen a cat too. I tell her I don't want a cat cos it will be me who ends up looking after it and it will ruin the furniture and carpets. For 4 or 5 days she kept on and eventually just to shut her up I agreed. Come the day off they both go again and 2 hours later they're back with a cat for the daughter and two bloody cats for us!! "He needs a friend" my wife said. Daughter goes off to her flat and I spend a couple of days forcefeeding the cats and cleaning up s**t everywhere. Take them to the vets and they've not been properly weaned.

I called him Tamla and her Thelma but now the sad part. We came down one morning and Thelma had died of a twisted bowel according to the vet. Then in the afternoon daughter comes around with her cat. Landlord

I feed them and empty the litter. They've clawed the leather suite. They moan until you let them in the bedroom and then jump around playing with the light switch cord at 3 am in the morning. Everything I feared would happen,did. My only consolation is that we had their boll**ks cut off although the wife said if she could have got a 3 for 2 deal she would have had me done at the same time. If I play records they sit in front of the turntable and watch it go round and at first they'd make a grab for it until I pointed out to them that they'd already lost their boll**ks and they wouldn't want to lose any other bits, which has done the trick.

Im now quite used to them but can you get cat-paint. I want to paint Tamla white with a big red A but the wife thinks he'll be a laughing stock with his cat mates.

ROD

I remember you telling me you hated "SCRATCHY" :yes:
Social source share

Nat Adderly

ROD

There is a joke in here somewhere? something like 'Cooking Fat'.....lol, our wives are out of the same mold Rod, well they should be they have been friends for years, Jacqui said exactly the same thing when we got our two cat's....good company for each other and all that kinda bollocks, now we have two animals that do nothing to contribute to the family, they don't work, do bugger all except eat, shit and sleep i hate the little bastards....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

There is a joke in here somewhere? something like 'Cooking Fat'.....lol, our wives are out of the same mold Rod, well they should be they have been friends for years, Jacqui said exactly the same thing when we got our two cat's....good company for each other and all that kinda bollocks, now we have two animals that do nothing to contribute to the family, they don't work, do bugger all except eat, shit and sleep i hate the little bastards....lol

Mark Bicknell.

Enough about you and Luke. How are the cats doing?

Social source share

Mark Bicknell.

Now a working "cat" that i would like to see :yes:

Social source share

We used to have two fish called Marvin and Tammy but they both died on the same day :yes: We now just have one called Silly Billy (don't ask me why - the 5 year old named him), we also have a hamster called Skippy ... little lad wanted a kangaroo so we compromised :yes:

Social source share

A friend of mine (Daz Parker) who was on the Soul Scene at the time, was faced with a choice. Washing machine/Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

He wisely chose the latter option but didn't get it all his own way & had to compromise by calling the beast Hotpoint.

Social source share

Guest marco i

My dog was always going to be called Thelma (Jones, Houston, Lindsey, record label etc.) but at the time Daisy seemed to suit better, still think it does so Thelma's her middle name.

PS She can't dance, but can do a spin.

Here is Thelma, our friend Roccia's Staffordshire Bull Terrier!

post-2172-1144133143_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest marco i

Here is Thelma, our friend Roccia's Staffordshire Bull Terrier!

And this is Tammi, our (Barbara's and mine) cat.

post-2172-1144133296_thumb.jpg

Social source share

This is my dog Stella Named after the beer, absolutly nothing to do with this thread but any excuse to put a piture of her up cos I love her to bits.

My new dog we called Stella too!!, (border collie ,aussie Kelpie cross) ... When we rescued her from the pound as a pup her name was Dusty and her sisters and brother were all named after 60,s singers, Marvin, Martha, Aretha ...etc how could i resist, but my wife not being into soul that much insisted we changed Dusty,s name :thumbsup: so hence Stella

pete m

Social source share

There,s a couple from South Wales who used to go to the rare soul weekender they had a dog called Sidney Barnes the woman used to take the dog for a dance i can,t remember the couple,s names :thumbsup:

John Weston has got a dog called Soul Sam :lamsey:

HB :shades:

Social source share

There,s a couple from South Wales who used to go to the rare soul weekender they had a dog called Sidney Barnes the woman used to take the dog for a dance i can,t remember the couple,s names :shhh:

John Weston has got a dog called Soul Sam :D HB ph34r.gif

That was JAQUELIN & PETER HARTLEY from Swansea originaly from I think Burnley. Would not go to the Rare soul weekender unless the dog was alowed to go as well.

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert