Walter & The Admerations + 137 Other Soul 45s With Audio

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

that is the definition of a bummer, dude.

just listened to your soundbites. i love your description: (both sides start out with a little bit of noise but clear up alright to play vg/vg+ for the majority of the side)

no offence, but a 'little bit of noise'? this must be the version they recorded in the kitchen during the morning fry-up, with the council digging up the road outside. in baghdad.

Social source share

just listened to your soundbites. i love your description: (both sides start out with a little bit of noise but clear up alright to play vg/vg+ for the majority of the side)

no offence, but a 'little bit of noise'? this must be the version they recorded in the kitchen during the morning fry-up, with the council digging up the road outside. in baghdad.

seems accurate to me as the noise doesn't totally overpower the music and only really lasts for about the first 20-25 seconds of the song.

anyhow, that's why i included soundclips so people can hear it for themselves and make up their own minds.

furthermore, i realize this is a discussion board and i'm not saying i'm above reproach or anything but it makes you look like a bit of a jerk to come in here and post twice disparaging me/the auction for no real reason.

Social source share

seems accurate to me as the noise doesn't totally overpower the music and only really lasts for about the first 20-25 seconds of the song.

anyhow, that's why i included soundclips so people can hear it for themselves and make up their own minds.

furthermore, i realize this is a discussion board and i'm not saying i'm above reproach or anything but it makes you look like a bit of a jerk to come in here and post twice disparaging me/the auction for no real reason.

i'm not reproaching you, particularly, i'm commenting, cos this is a discussion board, you're offering something on ebay, and we still have that freedom.

my opinion, you can't call that 'a little bit of noise'. that's all i was saying. yes, people can listen and make up their own minds - that hasn't changed after my post. has it?

and i wasn't criticising you twice. the first one was saying, it's a bummer there's noise cos i love the record and have wanted one for 20 years.

Social source share

ought to say:

1) welcome to the forum

2) we have a rule about not commenting on sales posted up on the site itself, i don't know (and i'm a moderator) if it applies to commenting on ebay sales. i'd think not but if rachel/nick/mike think differently, apologies and just delete my posts.

3) it really isn't meant personally, this, worried it might read that way, hope you sell them and do well.

Social source share

It's a well known fact that all copies have surface noise; a scouser was over in the US looking for employment and was paid by the CIA to track down copies and inflict damage to the grooves with a rusty nail. Once done, the bloke would 'sign it off' by writting his initials on the label; true story, ask Mike, it was his cousin Yosser!

Social source share

Nice avatar Dan, but you know you ain't going to win them back again... :thumbsup:

totally got me there, mate, haven't got a scooby what you're on about :thumbsup:

Social source share

totally got me there, mate, haven't got a scooby what you're on about :thumbsup:

ah...unless you're one of our friends from down under, temporarily relocated to the northern hemisphere to do bar work :thumbsup: ?

Social source share