The Sound Of The Weekend ???

Mike

Know what it's like , after a hard weekend out and about, always at least one single 45 thats left its mark on you when monday comes

One of a few for me was one that have mentioned before , but each time here it , it gets better and better

Spartans - I don't need another lover - Era played by Mark Speakman at Llandudno niter twice during a shared two hour spot - think went twice due to reaction first time

Any other single "hit me hard" contendors from the weekend out there??

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Mmm good one don't know too many details about the one that did it for me Mike from Friday night at the Bamboo Club in Worcester (although there were a few that night which was musically excellent) Francis Tee played an LP track by the "California Playboys" not really sure of the title or label but it was the title track from the album and had the word "Millionaire" in it somewhere i should know it, i should remember it but god damnit i can't (Any help on this extremely welcome :D ) There was another track played from the album which was also good but the first did it for me :)

John

BTW Ali played the Spartans as well :D

Social source share

Francis Tee played an LP track by the "California Playboys" not really sure of the title or label but it was the title track from the album and had the word "Millionaire" in it somewhere i should know it, i should remember it but god damnit i can't (Any help on this extremely welcome :) ) There was another track played from the album which was also good but the first did it for me :D

John

BTW Ali played the Spartans as well  :D

link

Johnny, it was almost definately off the 'Trying To Become a Millionaire' LP...(Loadstone)...by all intents and purposes, an aard album.

JBrew :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Johnny, it was almost definately off the 'Trying To Become a Millionaire' LP...(Loadstone)...by all intents and purposes, an aard album.

JBrew :)

link

That is the very one Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! greedy bugger only had two of them as well aparently he had just sold one of the copies to a US funk collector great track though the "Trying to become a millionaire" cut

John

Social source share

ONE OF THE SOUNDS THIS WEEKEND FOR ME, AMONG A LOT OF BRILLIANT SOUNDS, WAS PLAYED BY JOHN WESTON AT THE MARRS BAR.

THE GROUP HAD THE WORD 'THREE' IN IT. VERY VERY RARE JOHN TELLS ME. IF SOMEONE CAN FILL THE REST OF THE GROUP AND TITLE IT'D BE APPRECIATED. UNUSALLY FOR ME I CANT REMEMBER, AND JOHN DID TELL ME AT LEAST 3 TIMES :)

Social source share

ONE OF THE SOUNDS THIS WEEKEND FOR ME, AMONG A LOT OF BRILLIANT SOUNDS, WAS PLAYED BY JOHN WESTON AT THE MARRS BAR.

THE GROUP HAD THE WORD 'THREE' IN IT. VERY VERY RARE JOHN TELLS ME. IF SOMEONE CAN FILL THE REST OF THE GROUP AND TITLE IT'D BE APPRECIATED. UNUSALLY FOR ME I CANT REMEMBER, AND JOHN DID TELL ME AT LEAST 3 TIMES  :)

link

Precious Three - I Need A Man

...that''d be rare and brilliant and has 'Three' in the group name....

...I wasn't there, so just a wild offering?

Social source share

Heard some corkers this weekend but an one of the best is an oldie....Lee Andrews & Hearts - Never The Less - Crimson..sounded awesome!!!  :D   Newie would have to be JJ Jackson cover up Too Much Love  :)

link

Is that the one Mick H is spinning Chalks?

Social source share

Newie would have to be JJ Jackson cover up Too Much Love  :thumbup:

link

It's a Butch biggie, then Andy Dyson found the second copy, Butch found another a flogged it Mick....credit where due  wink.gif

I know what it is and am scouring the universe for one...awesome record  wink.gif

link

Mick played it Saturday nite. Brilliant and then some.

Social source share

That sounds like it. Cheers Chalky

link

Hate to name drop BBBUT - when Kitch generously came up to Scotchland to play at my 30th birthday party, he played the Dynamic 3 and the track filled the floor. Amazing - especially considering 90% of the people there had never heard Northern in their life. Just an honest reaction to one of the greatest tracks ever played on the scene.

Hammy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!