[Rs] florence ballard - goin' out of my head (stateside 2113) 1968

Gold Band

Title: florence ballard - goin' out of my head (stateside 2113) 1968
Artist: florence ballard
Track: goin' out of my head
Label: stateside 2113

1968 Record information:

florence glenda ballard chapman (june 30, 1943 - february 22, 1976), nicknamed "flo" and "blondie", was an american singer, and one of the original founders of the motown group the supremes. ballard was born in detroit, michigan (although many sources incorrectly state her birthplace as rosetta, mississippi. florence ballard was the ninth of fifteen children. during their early years, members of the supremes (originally called the primettes) enjoyed a generally democratic distribution of leads on songs. however, by 1966, ballard and mary wilson had begun to feel ignored in the group as motown president berry gordy, jr. spotlighted diana ross's individual career. consequent discontent led ballard to chronic depression and alcoholism, factors that weighed heavily in gordy's decision to permanently dismiss ballard from the supremes in july 1967. her replacement was former bluebelle cindy birdsong. after an unsuccessful attempt at a solo career in the late 1960s, ballard spent much of the last five years of her life in relative poverty. she started to perform again in 1975, and during the latter part of the year was considering several offers for recording contracts. in 1976, ballard died of cardiac arrest at the age of thirty-two.

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic