Sad News Nige Shaw RIP was: Well Known Soul Sourcer Not To Well

• Replies 406
  • Views 35.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sorted could do cheltenham onmay way back to Stafford then :rolleyes: not realy hope to see you all soon and thanx for all the support and help ive been given :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: HB

THANX is not enuf of a word for all the kind support i have been shown by the soul scene but its the only one i can spell see you all as soon as i am out and about

:thumbsup: HB

Social source share

THANX is not enuf of a word for all the kind support i have been shown by the soul scene but its the only one i can spell see you all as soon as i am out and about

:huh: HB

See you next week Nige with my butties ... make sure you get the kettle on ready to boil at 1305 hours precisely :ohmy::P

Social source share

The man with the loud shirts will be BACK HOME in Stafford tomorrow ( FRIDAY) for a few weeks .....had a call from his sister Linda tonite :ohmy:

Best news iv had for weeks :P:huh:

I cant wait to bring him back on the scene BUT that will ONLY be when the time is right!! :P

Nige B

Social source share

:P HB

look forward to seeing ya soon nige..

so glad your ok matey.

xx :ohmy:

Social source share

Thanx to one and all this is gonna take a bit of time in gettin over gettin myself fit again 6 to 8 weeks before i can do any house work no change there then no driving for 5 weeks just lots of walkin drinkin and sittin on the beach till sept but should be out and about in the next 3 to 4 weeks takin it just a little slowly at first mite speed things up once im a bit fitter king.gif

HB :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest lagerlout

Thanx to one and all this is gonna take a bit of time in gettin over gettin myself fit again 6 to 8 weeks before i can do any house work no change there then no driving for 5 weeks just lots of walkin drinkin and sittin on the beach till sept but should be out and about in the next 3 to 4 weeks takin it just a little slowly at first mite speed things up once im a bit fitter :wicked:

HB thumbsup.gif

good luck with the recovery :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Thanx to one and all this is gonna take a bit of time in gettin over gettin myself fit again 6 to 8 weeks before i can do any house work no change there then no driving for 5 weeks just lots of walkin drinkin and sittin on the beach till sept but should be out and about in the next 3 to 4 weeks takin it just a little slowly at first mite speed things up once im a bit fitter :P

HB :lol:

How are you Nige. Been a while since we had an update.

Hope all is well and i'll have a beer for you at Cardiff tomorrow.

All the best. STU whistling.gif

Social source share

My mum bumped into him in town yesterday ... are you supposed to be walking around town yet Nige, and I hope you weren't popping into any of the local drinking establishments thumbsup.gif

Anyway, mum said he looked OK but she didn't recognise him at first ... think he was wearing a very quiet shirt :P

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received a phone call from Nige's sister, Linda, to tell me that Nige is not very well at all. He has a problem with a ruptured aortic valve and has been unconscious since Saturday. The doctors are discussing what to do with him as I type this. Nige needs another operation and they are deciding whether to move him back to Bristol or to take him to North Staffs Hospital in Stoke. Linda is going to call me back later and let me know the decision.

All of Nige's family are at the hospital and his sister says it's not very good, he's very very poorly. No visitors are allowed at present. I don't know if you can even ring to ask about him as it's normally only family at times like this but as soon I hear more from Linda then I'll post up more.

Mandy

ranting_1.gif

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

Forgot to say that Nige is in the Stafford District General Hospital on the Critical Care Unit. Tina & Fudge have phoned the hospital but the staff won't tell them anything.

Again when I hear from Linda I'll post up again.

Social source share

Forgot to say that Nige is in the Stafford District General Hospital on the Critical Care Unit. Tina & Fudge have phoned the hospital but the staff won't tell them anything.

Again when I hear from Linda I'll post up again.

Hi Mandy and all

I actualy saw Nige about 11.30 am Sunday he was unconcience and had that many wires and tubes and stuff coming from him, like Mandy today ive been told he is now critical again i cant put into words how i am feeeling at the moment as hes ony got a 50/50 chance of pulling through!!!!

It goes without saying i know you will all say a little prayer for him i just hope he has enough strengh within to keep fighting

I lost my phone at the weekend so anyone trying to get me i wasnt ignoring ya , if ya need me new number PM me and il sort it

If Niges Mum & Dad will allow iam going to see him lata

Keep rooting for him gang cause if it was one of you guys Shawy would be there for YOU!

Best

Nige B

Social source share

I for one will say a little prayer for Nige, been thinking about him since I heard the news on Saturday.

Nige, if you get to see him tell him I send him my love even if he is unconscious cause you never know what he may be able to hear.

Lindsay, Browney and Niges family I am thinking of you all.

Karen xxx

Social source share

I've just spoken to Linda, poor girl can hardly get her words out :wicked: Nige is being flown back down to Bristol hospital tomorrow (as they cannot perform the operation he needs at Stafford) and he'll be having his operation within 24 hours. They have to repair his aorta but he has a few other problems too. Linda and his mum are going down with him.

The good news is that he is able to hear what's going on now and Linda said he responded to her holding his hand by pulling it up close to him and she has told him of all the get well wishes and phone calls.

Linda wil try and ring me from Bristol after his op to let me know the progress to pass on.

I'm sure Nige B will let us know if he has any news if he was able to visit Nige tonight

Let's just all keep our fingers and everything else crossed that he pulls through all this and gets back into those lovely shirts!!!

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

[I'm sure Nige B will let us know if he has any news if he was able to visit Nige tonight

Hi again

Yes! was there with my "bro" tonight i sat with him for about 30 mins , i told him ALL his dear friends from the scene are asking about him and wanting to see him back flashing those ice blue eyes and making us all laugh as he ALWAYS does :wicked:

I felt sorry in my heart Niges ENTIRE close family where all there for him, just sitting waiting fpr a decision on what the hospital is gonna do next

As Mandy has said they are flying Nige down to Bristol and will operate within 24 hours to hopefuly put the damage right.

So once again the " man with the loud shirts" is in the lap of the gods

As i said before i just hope he finds enough strength from within to fight this next challenge and to quote his Sister Linda " if LOVE , KISSES & BEST WISHES where ALL that is needed Our Kid will piss thiss one" and my god she is SO right

Niges Mum told me to THANK ALL of YOU who are taking time through this thread to pass on your messages and kind thoughts for HER SON she cant believe he is SO well thougtf.

The nest 24 hours will be crucial for Nige and i promise if i get any news i will let you guys know

best

Nige B

Social source share

My thoughts are with Nige and his family, im sure he'll be back to his self soon,

Any chance of getting him a CD player in the ward im sure some good tunes can only make him stronger :wicked:

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

My thoughts are with Nige and his family, im sure he'll be back to his self soon,

Any chance of getting him a CD player in the ward im sure some good tunes can only make him stronger :wicked:

thinking of you mate

ian/dawn

Social source share

Nige/Mandy any news today ?

Hi Karen, nothing as yet at my end. Linda was travelling down to Bristol today so I'm not expecting to hear from her until either tonight or even after Nige's operation. I did watch the Air Ambulance take off from the hospital (i live right behind it) a couple of hours ago and wondered if he was in it yes.gif

As soon I hear I'll post up and I think I'm speaking for Nige B too there.

Lets all just hope he's up to a second major op and all goes well.

Social source share

Just had a text message from Linda to say that Nige has arrived safely in Bristol and is now being assessed to decide what and when to do it. He's in a stable condition and comfortable.

Thanks for the update Mandy :lol:

Social source share

Hi All

Nige had his assessment earlier this afternoon and it was discovered that the reaon the valve was leaking was because it was competely ripped open so no wonder the the poor guy was in so much distress.

As i write this (7-20 pm) Nige has been in theatre for about an hour and has at least another 5 hours to go !! Thats how long they estimate to do the repair to the torn valve.

His sister will inform me when Nige is in recovery ive told her no matter what time of nite i wanna know.

Thats about it!! Nige is now in the lap of the gods yet again!!

The bugger has found the strengh to walk around woth a ripped aortic valve, lungs full of fluid, clotting blood, a 200mph heart rate, a flight in the AIR AMBULANCE etc etc :lol:

I recon God owers it to Shawy for another chance at this wonderfull life! :D

God bless My Bro x

Nige B

Social source share

Hi All

Quick up date!

Nige was in surgery from 6pm last night till 4 am this morning

At 8 pm last nite the family were gathered by the Drs as it wasnt going to well !!

But what evere the problems were they got round them and finisished the operation

Aparently there is still a sloght bleed but the Docs arent to cocerned with that and are treating it with clotting agents

Nige is stable and responding well at this stage.

As you can imagine his close family have been to hell and back in the last few hours

Thats about it if i here ant more il post later

Once acain thanks for caring

Nige B

Social source share

Guest matt tees

Get well very soon Nige... and thinking about you too Lindsay.

Thinking about you bruv, sorry mate only just found this thread, although I have been in contact with your sister Linda. Thinking about you every minute and looking forward to our bruv reunion back in weston. Massive hugs and kisses to you, all your family and Lndsay, hang in there Top Man need to hear some more of your brill soul sets. luv also from Michelle xxxxxx.

Edited by matt tees
Social source share

A very tired Linda and her mum have just phoned (they've had about 3 hours sleep in two days!!). Nige is still critically ill but is stable. They are back at their hotel now trying to get some shut eye and haven't heard anything else so .... no news is good news in my book whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi All

Quick up date!

Nige was in surgery from 6pm last night till 4 am this morning

At 8 pm last nite the family were gathered by the Drs as it wasnt going to well !!

But what evere the problems were they got round them and finisished the operation

Aparently there is still a sloght bleed but the Docs arent to cocerned with that and are treating it with clotting agents

Nige is stable and responding well at this stage.

As you can imagine his close family have been to hell and back in the last few hours

Thats about it if i here ant more il post later

Once acain thanks for caring

Nige B

Thanks for keeping us up to date with all thats happening . Hopefully the worst is now over and Nige can look forward to a long and healthy future biggrin.gif .

Steve

Social source share

Another update and it's not a good one I'm afraid. Although Nige is stable he is now on dialysis as his kidneys aren't working too good.

Let's just hope and pray that someone up there loves him enough to let us keep him

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Another update and it's not a good one I'm afraid. Although Nige is stable he is now on dialysis as his kidneys aren't working too good.

Let's just hope and pray that someone up there loves him enough to let us keep him

Hi Mandy,

Please Please give Nige our love....I'm not normally the praying sort...but will have a word with the big guy upstairs tonight.

love & hugs

Linda & Ted

xxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Hi Mandy,

Please Please give Nige our love....I'm not normally the praying sort...but will have a word with the big guy upstairs tonight.

love & hugs

Linda & Ted

xxxxxxxxx

Thinking about big man ,keep on keeping on Nige m8 fight it brov

span whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest vespastu

Can't stop thinking about Nige throug the day at work and feeling sad. Will say a prayer for him along with untold others. STU whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi Mandy,

love & hugs

Linda & Ted

xxxxxxxxx

I'll pass on your message to Linda tomorrow when I speak to her ... thanks Linda ... I'm sure if him upstairs gets enough then he'll answer us all favourably

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!