Info Wanted-spontanes?

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

hi

:D

Heard a tune the other day, it was by the Spontanes, or Spontains, "Where did I go wrong"

I think, is the title. A 'beachy' kinda tune, in the Oxford Nights style.

Anyone fill me in on the label, current value, availability etc? Tried adding a soundclip, dunno if it works :)

Cheers :D

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi

:D

Heard a tune the other day, it was by the Spontanes, or Spontains, "Where did I go wrong"

Anyone fill me in on the label, current value, availability etc? Tried adding a soundclip, dunno if it works :)

Cheers :D

link

You are looking at £200 - a record I will always associate with Richie Conn of the Aberdeen Soul Club and also Lenny Harkins. I think it's on UA - but I don't have any notes to hand. Sorry.

Hammy

Social source share

Hi mate

It's The Spontanes on United Artists 'Where Did I Go Wrong' with (yet another) version of 'Ain't No Big Thing' on the other side. Sold mine to Henry Atkinson when I'd got a bit jaded with it 7 or 8 years ago, he might still have it give him a call! I reckon it might even be a coupla hundred squids worth now but there's folk on here who know a lot better about that than me! Great tune, wish I'd kept it....

Hope this helps

Steve Woomble

itO

hi

wink.gif

Anyone fill me in on the label, current value, availability etc? Tried adding a soundclip, dunno if it works :thumbup:

Cheers wink.gif

link

Social source share

400 is OTP IMHO, 200 quid should get you one!

best,

franz

link

Exactly, £400 is way too much. Saw one at £200 in a dealers box earlier this year.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gang

For what it's worth, I am a very close friend of the fellow who wrote and recorded that song with the Spontanes back in '67. James Bates is his name and he is alive and well and still gigging in the Charlotte and Gastonia North Carolina area in the states. He's really thrilled that he is getting some air play there in the UK.

Spontanes are actually still around but not in the same line-up that recorded and played for many years up and down the East Coast back in the sixties and seventies.

Rumor has it that there are very very few of these LP's around any more but I understand that Ripite Records either is going to or has already released it on a collection CD

Rick Nash

hi

:thumbsup:

Anyone fill me in on the label, current value, availability etc? Tried adding a soundclip, dunno if it works :lol:

Cheers :lol:

link

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!