The "sounds" Section

Simon T

I have put some track up in the “Sounds” section that have been in recent posts, primarily for the benefit of anyone who does not have access to a million quid and a thirty plus year collecting career! They play a bit slow unless you use one of the audio streamers, perhaps Mike can sort it? I hope that they start some discussion threads that will kill off a bit of the negative crap we have had lately.

Little Ron – top tune or thank god there’s only the one?

Hamilton Movement – the all genre encompassing record, funk deepfunk, modern, and northern or over-priced and over-hyped?

Little Willie Faulk – Butch’s best funk record or Stafford has-been that nobody danced to that I can remember at the time?

Eddie Billups – quality mid-tempo master piece or dirge that, if it was a fiver, would still been in every dealer’s box?

Monzas – blue-eyed soul or white garage crap?

Lost Soul – acceptable blue-eyed soul or a crime against humanity?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have put some track up in the "Sounds" section that have been in recent posts, primarily for the benefit of  anyone who does not have access to a million quid and a thirty plus year collecting career! They play a bit slow unless you use one of the audio streamers, perhaps Mike can sort it?  I hope that they start some discussion threads that will kill off a bit of the negative crap we have had lately.

Little Ron - top tune or thank god there's only the one?

Hamilton Movement - the all genre encompassing record, funk deepfunk, modern, and northern or over-priced and over-hyped?

Little Willie Faulk - Butch's best funk record or Stafford has-been that nobody danced to that I can remember at the time?

Eddie Billups -  quality mid-tempo master piece or dirge that, if it was a fiver, would still been in every dealer's box?

Monzas - blue-eyed soul or white garage crap?

Lost Soul - acceptable blue-eyed soul or a crime against humanity?

link

You don't seem to want negativity Hippo, but...

Little Ron - 4/10, tops (thank god there's only one)

Hamilton Movement - dire (funk? who cares?)

Little Willie Faulk - have long thought this was distinctly average (Stafford has-been)

Eddie Billups - neither masterpiece not dirge...somewhere in between...5.5/10

Monzas - unbelievable missed opportunity...with, say, Garland Green as lead this would be 9/10...but with Perry Como's brother......3/10 tops (white garage crap)

Lost Soul- have always thought this is total shite...3/10 (crime against humanity)

Mind you, wish I had them to flog!

Social source share

Hamilton Movement - the all genre encompassing record, funk deepfunk, modern, and northern or over-priced and over-hyped?

Just thought that I should mention that the Hamilton Movement RA of yours

is heavily pitched down :thumbup: Compare it to the real thing. It's much faster.

Over-priced? Yes. Over-hyped? Maybe. A fantastic soul record? Sure is!

Cheers,

Christian wink.gif B

Social source share

'Hey, you, get offa' ma cloud...'.... :thumbup:

link

just a very quick note on the sounds section

there is a problem as the mp3s were uploaded at 48 rather than 44 which makes them play slower via the flash player

got solution but will take a bit of time

till then will take the slow ones down

Social source share

ok a possible solution is up and running - look at top right of page and hit gallery

hopefully if trial goes ok this will combine flyers gallery, photo gallery, and sounds/video in one sub-section

offers rating, comments and all the reast

all need to know if works ok for rest of world

so feedback on it welcome

plus as Hippo choose tracks to get some decent discussion going, thoughts on them sure be welcome

and also engourage more to be added

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...&module=gallery

Social source share

all need to know if works ok for rest of world so feedback on it welcome

Works fine over here. :thumbup: Would be nice if you could add a link to the actual MP3 files though so we don't have to pretend to be Sherlock Holmes in order to download the sound clips to our hard drives. I sorted it myself this time, but it would really make things easier and less time consuming if you add an option to download the files as well. Or am I just thick and can't find where to do it? blush.gif

And as for the sounds... Little Willie Faulk is inferior to the mindblowing Ree Flores version (which I love to pieces and wouldn't mind an original copy of) but still quite nice. Hamilton Movement is a great track. Eddie Billups is also OK. The rest of them are not for me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!