[Rs] tommy duncan - dance dance dance (falew 104) 1964

Gold Band

Title: tommy duncan - dance dance dance (falew 104) 1964
Artist: tommy duncan
Track: dance dance dance
Label: falew

1964 104 Record information:

tommy duncan he was the lead singer of the bob wills & the texas playboys swing band from comanche texas. he died in romana california in 1967. duncan stayed with wills until 1948, when the fiddler fired the singer, believing that tommy was commanding too much attention. upon leaving the playboys, duncan formed a western swing band with several former members of the texas playboys and signed to capitol records. "gamblin' polka dot blues," his debut single, was a hit upon its summer release in 1949, peaking at number eight on the charts. after touring with the band during 1948 and 1949, duncan joined the miller brothers band in the early '50s. over the course of the early '50s, he recorded with the miller brothers on intro records, as well as solo for coral. during the latter half of the decade, duncan recorded for a variety of small labels, including cheyenne, fire, and award. despite his constant touring and recording, duncan failed to have much success. wills and duncan patched up their differences and reunited in 1960, recording a number of sessions that were released as albums and singles over the next two years. one single, "the image of me," became a minor top 40 country hit in early 1961. following his brief reunion with wills, duncan continued to tour as a solo artist throughout the rest of the decade, usually employing a house band as his supporting group. in 1966, duncan released his last single, "i brought it on myself"/"let me take you out," on (smash 2073). the following year, he suffered a major heart attack and died in july, leaving behind a legacy of classic recordings and songs tommy duncans - dance dance dance (falew 104) was released in 1964 & again on (sue 4002) in 1966.

refosoul image

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic