Guardian Goes Digging -online Article

Mike

this showed in one of the feeds

a look by the guardian at vinyl digging

not bad really, a few obvious mistakes but some good quotes in there

Diggers firmly distance themselves from the kind of collector who hoards rare vinyl. "It can become pretty much stocks and shares, and that element annoys me," says Goddard. "It annoys me that things I know are good are stashed away like little eggs waiting to hatch and not given circulation. Are you collecting music or collecting money?"
researchers at the University of Leicester found that music-buyers were becoming apathetic. "The accessibility of music has meant it is taken for granted and does not require a deep emotional commitment once associated with music appreciation," said study coordinator Dr Adrian North.

"I dread the day that I die," Gareth Goddard says solemnly, "because I think, 'What the hell's going to happen to my collection?'"

full thing can be found at

https://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/st...1748089,00.html

happy fridays

mike

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Diggers firmly distance themselves from the kind of collector who hoards rare vinyl. "It can become pretty much stocks and shares, and that element annoys me," says Goddard. "It annoys me that things I know are good are stashed away like little eggs waiting to hatch and not given circulation. Are you collecting music or collecting money?"

Guardian?........More like the FT or Farmers Weekly :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!