Guest Baz

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is the green a ligit issue, any info please, is it allowed by the 'soul police' :huh:

i think orange is the first, green a legit 2nd very soon after so orange more desirable but green ok - you won't be busted sad.gif .

assuming i'm right, though :(

don't dob me in if you get nicked

Social source share

Orange 60,s pricewise £300

Green re-issue from the 70,s £20

Why would they re-issue it in the seventys sad.gif doesnt have the appeal to be a record worth re-issuing for the 70's 'northern' scene, so im assuming it was done by the lable for other reasons :huh:

Thanks for the help all :(

Social source share

Why would they re-issue it in the seventys :( doesnt have the appeal to be a record worth re-issuing for the 70's 'northern' scene, so im assuming it was done by the lable for other reasons :huh:

Thanks for the help all :huh:

good question baz

i must say i'd always thought they were two releases in 66 (or maybe 67), i think it was a local hit and they were surprised and basically sold out or had sent stock elsehwre and couldn't get it back, something like that from memory, and it was the other green one that was 70s ie the boot :(

mind you, i am ready, willing and able to bow to superior knowledge so ian's probably right beer.gif

Social source share

Thats my copy on ebay. As far as I know, these were legally repressed in the 80's and not the 70's.

====================================================================

Hi Pete it was done same time as E.Hamilton. i,m gonna love you on Green Carrie in the 70,s

There is a great article and interview with James Hendricks in a back issue of Derek Pearsons

SHADES OF SOUL not sure of the back issue number but i will dig it out when i get time and

give you the info on C. Binns......

Regards Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

====================================================================

Hi Pete it was done same time as E.Hamilton. i,m gonna love you on Green Carrie in the 70,s

There is a great article and interview with James Hendricks in a back issue of Derek Pearsons

SHADES OF SOUL not sure of the back issue number but i will dig it out when i get time and

give you the info on C. Binns......

Regards Ian Cunliffe

I've got that issue mate. I remember the Edward Hamilton being released, it was about 78, just don't remember there being any interest in Clifford Binns til Stafford, hence me thinkingit was an 80's release

Social source share

Jo I don't think this was booted, I think they are all legal reissues from James Hendrix. Mine has 208 in the run off.
Pete pretty sure this was booted-- orange one was the orig then the legit green with 208 in the run out --then the green boot---- i stand corrected if im wrong----jo
Social source share

Might be off the mark here, but I thought normally 70's re-issues were on styrene, think the green clifford binns is on vinyl so either legit 60's or 80's re-issue, think i've got one in a shoe box somewhere i'll have to dig it out........

Social source share

i think orange is the first, green a legit 2nd very soon after so orange more desirable but green ok - you won't be busted blush.gif .

assuming i'm right, though :thumbsup:

don't dob me in if you get nicked

Orange # 6501 first press £300 is a good price. 014 mid-Green 2nd. press cica 1969. James Hendrix again reissued it with a lighter shade of green label in the 70s on the same 014 #. Mr. Hendrix did exactly the same with the Edward Hamilton on Carrie also. I'll dig out the two shades of green releases and check the matrix but I feel sure they are the same. Hope that helps.

John

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Orange # 6501 first press £300 is a good price. 014 mid-Green 2nd. press cica 1969. James Hendrix again reissued it with a lighter shade of green label in the 70s on the same 014 #. Mr. Hendrix did exactly the same with the Edward Hamilton on Carrie also. I'll dig out the two shades of green releases and check the matrix but I feel sure they are the same. Hope that helps.

John

That'll do for me, as long as its a 60's press, would have no shame in spinning it.

Social source share

Might be off the mark here, but I thought normally 70's re-issues were on styrene, think the green clifford binns is on vinyl so either legit 60's or 80's re-issue, think i've got one in a shoe box somewhere i'll have to dig it out........
WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR SHOES THEN JOHN ??
Social source share

The copy of Shades of Soul with nice Mr Pearsons interview with James Hendrix

is from 1988 and is number 15 and a bloody great interview it is to, gives a great indepth

natter about the wheelin & dealin in 60,s Detroit aka Carrie, LaBeat, Edward Hamilton ect ect

The Carrie label was named after James Hendrixs mother in memorial to her ........

Social source share

This is what James Hendrix said when Derek asked him why he re-issued

Edward Hamilton--I,m Gonna Love You & Clifford Binns You got to help me.........

Shortly after i entered into a agreement with Lou Beatty the following cuts where done

I,m gonna love you & You got to help me, because of the way LaBeat,s staff handled things,

I have every right to re- issue them on Carrie label. ?

D. Pearson....Have you any unreleased material by Clifford Binns / Edward Hamilton

J.Hendrix.....I have a few other masters ( unreleased ) by Edward Hamilton that where done by Lou Beatty.

No more by Clifford Binns................

Edited by IANCSLOFT
Social source share

This is what James Hendrix said when Derek asked him why he re-issued

Edward Hamilton--I,m Gonna Love You & Clifford Binns You got to help me.........

Shortly after i entered into a agreement with Lou Beatty the following cuts where done

I,m gonna love you & You got to help me, because of the way LaBeat,s staff handled things,

I have every right to re- issue them on Carrie label. ?

D. Pearson....Have you any unreleased material by Clifford Binns / Edward Hamilton

J.Hendrix.....I have a few other masters ( unreleased ) by Edward Hamilton that where done by Lou Beatty.

No more by Clifford Binns................

Hi Ian,

I have a Labeat studio acetate of Clifford Binns.Have played it back to back with the green reissue and it seems slightly different.Think it came from Dave Rastrick in the early 80s,got that& Masqueraders,I got the power.

Geoff Buckley.

Social source share

Clifford Binns,you've got to help me Roger Banks mite know it was on1 of his tapes he sells 1996-7. I think the title of the tape is called Big noises for November .den :thumbsup:

Social source share

That'll do for me, as long as its a 60's press, would have no shame in spinning it.

WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR SHOES THEN JOHN ??

Just found the shoe box with it in..... :thumbsup: Vinyl is in spanking shiney condition, so might bring it to Rugby tonight and spin it, as long as Baz promises to defend me from the soul police.......

As regards to my shoe storage habits Chris, obvious reply is not in a shoebox........ whistling.gif

Social source share

Just found the shoe box with it in..... :thumbsup: Vinyl is in spanking shiney condition, so might bring it to Rugby tonight and spin it, as long as Baz promises to defend me from the soul police.......

whistling.gif I shall be standing by the decks with a long stick and a onion cut in half, and rub it in the eyes of any of the putred soul police :lol:

Social source share

Just found the shoe box with it in..... :lol: Vinyl is in spanking shiney condition, so might bring it to Rugby tonight and spin it, as long as Baz promises to defend me from the soul police.......

As regards to my shoe storage habits Chris, obvious reply is not in a shoebox........ :thumbsup:

ARE THEY IN THE 'BOBBY BLAND SUITE' ??? HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AT RUGBY !!! SEE YOU BOTH AT GREATSTONE NEXT WEEK ??? whistling.gif
Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Apr 8 2006, 04:13 PM) link

Hi Ian,

I have a Labeat studio acetate of Clifford Binns.Have played it back to back with the green reissue and it seems slightly different.Think it came from Dave Rastrick in the early 80s,got that& Masqueraders,I got the power.

Geoff Buckley.

===========================================================================

Hi Geoff I knew it you sit there all day & nite lookin at your PC screen just waiting for the right

moment to throw one in :thumbsup:whistling.gif:lol:

Social source share

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Apr 8 2006, 04:13 PM) link

Hi Ian,

Geoff Buckley.

===========================================================================

Hi Geoff I knew it you sit there all day & nite lookin at your PC screen just waiting for the right

moment to throw one in :lol::thumbsup::lol:

Hi Ian, Don't know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whistling.gif

Geoff.

WHALLEY&BILLINGTON BRASS BAND CLUB FRIDAY 14th APRIL (EVERY SECOND FRIDAY OF MONTH) GEOFF BUCKLEY&FRED KROL.

Edited by Geoff B
Social source share

Ow do Geoff, hope you're well,

Got my orange 6501 from Mr Manship for £35, good price methinks :wicked:

Ee by gum Tony, wish i had seen that.

Geoff.

WHALLEY&BILLINGTON BRASS BAND CLUB. Friday 14th April & every second Friday of the month with GEOFF BUCKLEY & FRED KROL + Guests. MAY, Derek Watmough & Steve Jenks. JUNE,Stevie Z.

Edited by Geoff B
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

The orange coloured label on Carrie is the original.  Part of the La Beat label.

The green label reissue was not done till the very late 70's. Also Edward Hamilton "Call Me" was reissued in the late 70's on green Carrie label. 

Jameco records from New York picked up the "Call Me" Edward Hamilton from the orange Carrie label, for larger distribution.

Notice the 1980 date on this other release on green Carrie. It shows that the green Carrie's were made around the late 70's/80.

post-9294-0-32603600-1367694336_thumb.jp

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Hi Ian,

Geoff Buckley.

hi, i have a  united sound studios 7" acetate of this....didn't know of the labeat acetate...nice !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!