• Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

Look at JTs link Kev.

It is boot. JOT has scanned an original on this thread.

To be fair to the new seller (account number is zero), he doesnt say its an original, and he has a start price of a tenner.

Social source share

Look at JTs link Kev.

It is  boot. JOT has scanned an original on this thread.

To be fair to the new seller (account number is zero), he doesnt say its an original, and he has a start price of a tenner.

link

Apologies, the SS site was acting up for 10 mins(anyone else have trouble?)

OK, the seller has a reissue(yeah 'a boot' is the usual term) but I have first hand knowledge of both reissues on Queen City(the Turqoise and Blue and White releases). They are in fact LEGIT. Orchestrated by ME!

In 1975 Ian Levine was producing Tyrone Asley(Sammy Canpbell) and picked up the rights for a custom pressing.

Another piece of useless trivia from KR!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

All right then here you go borrowed from soul talk for the benefit of those not on there

Firstly the Black and Silver demo original that JT has (Pukka mate)

Second the Turquoise boot or whatever you want to call it :thumbup: I think this is the first boot of it.

And third and last the look-a-like label (Blue and white) boot or .....

post-1207-1097075171_thumb.jpg

post-1207-1097075262_thumb.jpg

post-1207-1097075343_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

link

I sure did. It kept getting stuck, and there are probably a few duplicate posts around as a result. Seems ok now... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

All right then here you go borrowed from soul talk for the benefit of those not on there

Second the Turquoise boot or whatever you want to call it :thumbup: I think this is the first boot of it.

link

Cheers Trouty, you are as ever a fountain of knowledge. blush.gif

Social source share

Johnny One Trout said:

Second the Turquoise boot or whatever you want to call it blush.gif I think this is the first boot of it.

link

f*cking attachment boll*cks tw%tty website server connection ability...thing :angry:

Excuse me, I'll start again. The point I was making was that there are four of them...the easiest way to show this is by this

That wasted a bit more time, if nowt else :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Not really, just borrowed from another site blush.gif but always glad to be of cervix :thumbup:

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes....................................

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Which one is that Jase the clear vinyl and see through label issue :thumbup:blush.gifblush.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

True, but then we alos have this one >>>>

link

Try giving that one to a DJ to play. Yes mate, it's on very rare clear styrene, be carefull don't cue burn it, give it a spin, the crowd will love it. :thumbup:

Social source share

Which one is that Jase the clear vinyl and see through label issue laugh.gif:(wink.gif

link

Don't have a clue what you're on about...clearly there's nothing amiss with my previous post... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif:thumbup:

Social source share

What ever ended up being the truth about the multi coloured demo/issue(?) that turned up in the early 80's. remember reading about it in Steve Gaunoris excellent 'Blackbeat' mag and the general feeling was it was real one but heard nothing since. Anyone help?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

f*cking attachment boll*cks tw%tty website server connection ability...thing :angry:

Excuse me, I'll start again. The point I was making was that there are four of them...the easiest way to show this is by this >>>> (!!!)Larking

That wasted a bit more time, if nowt else  blush.gif

link

But Jasey if you had bothered to look at my first post on the subject you would have seen that i had already posted up the scan of the Orig silver/blue issue so there was no need to do it again laugh.gif:(wink.gif:thumbup:blush.gifblush.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

But Jasey if you had bothered to look at my first post on the subject you would have seen that i had already posted up the scan of the Orig silver/blue issue so there was no need to do it again  blush.gif   laugh.gif   :(   :thumbup:   blush.gif   blush.gif

link

But Johnny, you forget, Jason does like to flex his knowledge and was probably in such a rush to do it he over looked your post. tee hee.

muscleman.gif

"Look at my scans"

I love you really Brew! wink.gif X

Social source share

JT YOU'RE RIGHT-BUT I STILL LIKE MY BLUE ISSUE.

NOW KEV YOU DIDN'T PAY TO LEASE IT DID YOU?????????

link

Mick,

Yes I had to pay for it otherwise I would have encountered both Levine(a staunch legal beagle back then) and Sammy Campbell who(like so many) was entering the UK Top 40.

As with many of the pressings circa mid-late 70's we seemed to dump them to a Rob Smith type for 20p each. Now they are all in JM's guide at 15 and 20 quid each. WHERE DID WE GO WRONG!

I do have several copies of Esperanto------any takers?

Social source share

OK, the seller has a reissue(yeah 'a boot' is the usual term) but I have first hand knowledge of both reissues on Queen City(the Turqoise and Blue and White releases). They are in fact LEGIT. Orchestrated by ME!

In 1975 Ian Levine was producing Tyrone Asley(Sammy Canpbell) and picked up the rights for a custom pressing.

Another piece of useless trivia from KR!

link

You should invest in manships boot guide :thumbup: ,young keven blush.gif

spanner

Social source share

is my boot legal then, often get confused with jm. as states there are no boots on his site...just 2nd pressings is this correct.

with regards ebay from recent delving i would suggest you check the feedback on a buyer, then check their feedback and the previous feedback.

check the records these people bid on and win/lose (note who else bid on the record)

probably paranoid but will be staying away from some auctions, woulda just previously looked to c if any feedback to seller not anymore check bidders background 2-3 generations back too.

tho guess best way is just leave a bid and forget about it, only thing is "winning" bids can make record worth more next time out.

Danny

Social source share

is my boot legal then, often get confused with jm. as states there are no boots on his site...just 2nd pressings is this correct.

with regards ebay from recent delving i would suggest you check the feedback on a buyer, then check their feedback and the previous feedback.

check the records these people bid on and win/lose (note who else bid on the record)

probably paranoid but will be staying away from some auctions, woulda just previously looked to c if any feedback to seller not anymore check bidders background 2-3 generations back too.

tho guess best way is just leave a bid and forget about it, only thing is "winning" bids can make record worth more next time out.

Danny

link

Stompster,

On this occasion both reissue pressings on Queen City arwe in fact legal.

Both manufactured by your old mate here in 1975 and 1978 repectively.

Kevster x

Social source share

The Four Vandals....??! Oh, don't even get me started on that subject :angry:

For the love of God... How could ANYONE EVER BELIEVE that this was a "vintage" recording...?? :o Are you f**king deaf, people? Couldn't even have been recorded in the 80s 7.gif

Social source share

The Four Vandals....??! Oh, don't even get me started on that subject  :angry:

For the love of God... How could ANYONE EVER BELIEVE that this was a "vintage" recording...??  :o  Are you f**king deaf, people? Couldn't even have been recorded in the 80s  7.gif

link

...and Ian Levine even called me a c*** the first time I wrote this on a soul messageboard... whistling.gif What a nice guy!

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

...and Ian Levine even called me a c*** the first time I wrote this on a soul messageboard...  whistling.gif   What a nice guy!

link

hahahahaha but it really is god-awful Christian, and as you said, it doesn't even sound like a vintage recording.. off-the-mill-tailor-made-crap imo whistling.gif

best

Leo :4:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

The Four Vandals....??! Oh, don't even get me started on that subject  :angry:

For the love of God... How could ANYONE EVER BELIEVE that this was a "vintage" recording...??  :o  Are you f**king deaf, people? Couldn't even have been recorded in the 80s  7.gif

link

What????

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

The type font on the label was exclusive to Apple Mac, you know the computers made in the sixties!!!!!!

link

It was a rubbish joke. Christian asked if we were deaf. So I said What?? Playground humour laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!