Rob On The Box?

This has probably been discussed already (i'm new) but aint that Rob Messer on the 'More Than' insurance advert? I'm pretty sure it is and that 'Keep it vinyl' sticker he puts in his windscreen is a bit of a giveaway...

already seen him on 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' in one of the line-up's. Has he got friends in high places? Whatever next...Eastenders, The Bill, Corrie???

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

havent seen it , does it come up the performance Ion gave in that cameo in those axa adverts

know one current on the up and up dj recently had a fairly big role in episode of casualty

said ok when I asked if ok to mention, so if dont know Paul Sadot was the man

cant wait to see that on a flyer under his name

other great moments in northern soul meida moments -

keb darges expresion change, dunno what you call it the opposite of a grin? his face sort of shifts downwards in the film Blue Juice get your on back on a remixer scene

Russ Winstanley on breakfast tv - something that involved slimming but recieved critical acclaim for the "pie in a bab/bearn roll" scene, still banned in 27 countires

Mavis in 70s Corrination Street, sorting out the record racks in Cabin, eagle eyed soul soap freaks, spotted amongst all the usual corner shop titles being put up , a very much in demand at the time Lp

Rollie Polies on Les Dawson singing "put your loving arms around ..."

whats her name on the word , her descrption of northern soulies being people who look like they came to fix your washing machine was so ahead of its time - and some say played a big part in the recent fashion craze which say the trendist djs using £ 9.99 B&Q toolboxes as record boxes

and in the spirt of a c4 "tvs greatest northen soul moments" programme we will return after the break with the rest of the rundown

feel free to add more!!!!

no boring whats her name played a whore in easy rider bits though , keep them uk based and not very worthwile if you can :wicked:

Social source share

I posted this up on Arthurs in December. As Arthurs no longer exists I feel its appropriate to re-post it here.

"The Twiglet Zone"

"I had a very weird experience today.

Sometimes I work as an anaesthetist on Holby City the popular BBC television Hospital Drama.

Today, our patient was having open heart surgery. He looked really ill, pale and pallid, grey even, obviously in need of urgent medical attention, a life and death situation because by the look of him he had abused his body with drugs, alcohol and god only knows what else. He was a truly pitiful sight and looked like he could have been living rough on the streets. The man could have been anywhere between 50 and 70 and he lay there on the operating table, virtually motionless, his breathing shallow and laboured, his chest covered in blood as he was stitched up by the surgeon while I monitored his heart rate and administered morphine to his wrecked system. He looked terrible.

He didn't seem likely to recover to me and I wondered whether it wouldn't have been kinder to up his dosage and give him a peaceful and dignified end. The surgeons tried to seem upbeat but I could tell it was hopeless case.

Holby City is all make believe of course and after we'd finished shooting the scene, the patient was released from the operating theatre sent home.

We had two or three more scenes to shoot and I was chatting to the make up girls later between takes. One of them mentioned the patient and how it had been easy for them that day because although the prosthetics department had to simulate the open heart surgery for the camera, they had nothing at all to do to make the patient look really ill.

That patient was Rob Messer. "

I have a feeling the epsode in qusetion is due either this week or next week.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

paul sadot......

gangster in the shane meadows film 'dead man's shoes'. this film got nominated for an oscar and the clip they showed for the nominations (to billions round the world!) was a scene that included paul

gay soldier in casualty a few months back too

Shane

ps. sorry paul :wicked:

Social source share

Holby City is all make believe of course and after we'd finished shooting the scene, the patient was released from the operating theatre sent home.

We had two or three more scenes to shoot and I was chatting to the make up girls later between takes. One of them mentioned the patient and how it had been easy for them that day because although the prosthetics department had to simulate the open heart surgery for the camera, they had nothing at all to do to make the patient look really ill.

That patient was Rob Messer. "

I have a feeling the epsode in qusetion is due either this week or next week.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!