Guest ShaneH

• Replies 145
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

naughty boy? is that you rob wicks? :yes: hello if it is and welcome aboard mate

when you said 'we' who else do you mean? john vincent?

not having a go mate honest. just trying to add balance and substance to the thread.

cheers

Shane

naughty boy? is that you rob wicks?

eyup NB i mean Rob LOL,can"t make this 1 but will deffo be at the next 1 as i remember how good they were have a great nite m8..

Malc

It is, but the history books will be written won't they NB, with individuals names being mentioned also for the last few functions they have there will no doubt be well attended....

Yes used to love the walk down to the wintergardens from the pier in winter & summer in the 70ts, with a ice pop ...

Nb

You could call it Nbg2shoes............. :P

get yasen to Samanthas Sheffield and ill buy you a drink Hic

NB

I love it :yes:

ok you "unscuplous people out there" there could quite possibly be a new promotion team setting up with the name Nbg2shoes keep you mitts oh & your feet LOL off it ..... :P

Im hoping to be @ my mates Thurs night RSG Leighton Buzzard, if we get back in good time (journeys !!! not being my strong point) I could well be taking you up on that offer !

Which will be alot less than Mr Rimmer (so dont offer to buy him 1 LOL)

Marcelle xx

Never mind Mr Rimmer...

he sits sit a corner gettin hammered :yes:

get yasen up there

NB

still aint heard any more info on this event???

djs????

cheers

Shane

I ,ve not heard out either. Sam aint even phoned me to tell me that its on the night before Winsford,( the place i run with him ) not to many people go 2 nighters over a weekend these days unless its a bank holiday so i would imagine that it could lower the attendance figures for Winsford whistling.gif that costs me money :lol:

Steve

Is,nt this run by sam moore,which would explain the lack of local djs.

wink.gif Aup andy ,carole here tony bish's wifey.Thought i should let you know, that the guy who is running the sheffield niter is infact from sheffield himself, and he runs the security at the city hall.He also owns and runs his own sheffield based security buisness that employs 42 doormen, some of them local lads .How local do you have to be ,to be local.sorry to be the one to tell you .But i could not sit reading this thread ,knowing that all the information was not correct.tony's birthday that night and he will be doing a spot there.All the gang will be up mandy ,wendy, myself and aidy ally ect ect.I consider sam a very good friend ,and think it is wrong to judge ,when you don,t have all the facts.I know the above to be the true facts.so there you have it.Nothing personal andy you know we all love ya company lol. :)

Thanks for the info,but my info is that sam is involved but who cares as for the lad running it with him running a door firm isnt really the best credentials for running a succesful allniter,but thanks for the info have a great nite and hope hubby goes down a storm.But your info would explain how they got the venue off the other promoters wouldnt it :)

Thanks for the info,but my info is that sam is involved but who cares as for the lad running it with him running a door firm isnt really the best credentials for running a succesful allniter,but thanks for the info have a great nite and hope hubby goes down a storm.But your info would explain how they got the venue off the other promoters wouldnt it :)

Only answered this thread because ,the main issue seemed to be about locals not running or d.j ing it.And they are. wether it's right or wrong well ,i'll leave that to those who are directly involved to sort out.If i don't see ya before i'll probably see ya at lifeline. (if i can remember who you are this time wink.gif ) take care

Look forward to seeing you at lifeline,suppose id better get the old fella a birthday drink,if you remember who i am :) .

wink.gif oh yes! and don,t forget mine. smile.gif

Hardly, considering the lad you are on about does not do them doors ,,,,,or i might add is involved on the northern scene as such in south yorks

Apologies if ive got it wrong,so its sam and some one from sheffield who has taken over your venue .

Andy i have said previously, Yes... . i would once again reiterate .. that our club ran this venue for just short of five years, with support from the pondsforge lads in one of the satelite rooms until it closed for refurbishment...which took a further 18months. but like ive said aint going to fallout with anyone over it , however there is a surefired possibility we will continue with it then who's standing on who's toes. as for the sheffield lad he is not active and as never been on the sheffield scene as such, bit like one of us going down sams area and using a local just to try and make it look cosha, however somefolks do have ethics

nb

Guest ShaneH

come on rob wicks! tongue.gif

whats all this 'naughty boy' ? :)

talk about 'ethics' rolleyes.gif

will we be seeing you on friday then? thumbsup.gif

Shane

Edited by ShaneH

Has anyone actually told you who is DJing yet Shane? Apart from the RnB guys that is ?

It doesn't seem to have been well advertised, if it was for SS I wouldnt even have known it was on. I'm not going BTW :)

Guest ShaneH

Has anyone actually told you who is DJing yet Shane? Apart from the RnB guys that is ?

It doesn't seem to have been well advertised, if it was for SS I wouldnt even have known it was on. I'm not going BTW :)

i dont know karen.

massive venue. must be around 1500 capacity.

maybe rob can tell us the true capacity?

Shane

come on rob wicks! tongue.gif

whats all this 'naughty boy' ? :) talk about 'ethics' rolleyes.gif

will we be seeing you on friday then? thumbsup.gif

Shane

Ethics Shane... its a word ... or laymans terms common decency.

PUTTING THE SOUL BACK IN SHEFFIELD now theres a laugh

and been used on the Sheffield scene for years. and no u wont be seeing me on fri BURY /BRIGHOUSE looks a better bet along with many others that would have gone but wont out of principle

NB

i dont know karen.

massive venue. must be around 1500 capacity.

maybe rob can tell us the true capacity?

Shane

yes Shane thats about right......... now aint it going to look good with about 200 in if that :) think he managed about 100 at his last attempt at the adephi hope he gets more but i doubt it..

it looks empty with 400 in

we used to spend 100's of quids promoting it, they aint even done that

Its 2 days to go to a big all niter and no info for many....Yes deeeeeeeeep pockets required...Many folk will be still fu"ked from a long bank holiday and with all the negative feedback :wicked: ..Hope you have a good one Shane,do us all a review on Sat.....

Feedback?

Thought that came AFTER the event?

Seems to me though theres been a few posts on this thread intended to dissuade people from going... and thats a different thing.

I was given a flyer for this at Prestatyn and I've seen them at other places as well.

According to the flyer from March, DJs include: Roger Banks, Ciro, Tony Bish, John Poole, Nev Shooter, "Ricky", Dave Woods, Mort and Sam Moore. I also understand that Karl Heard is booked as well.

Incidentally, not that it's anything to do with me, but nowhere on the flyer can I see the phrase "Putting the soul back in Sheffield"

Guest ShaneH

cheers dave.

that term 'putting the soul back into sheffield' was on the 'adelphi' flyers.

are we seeing you there?

its pauls birthday :wicked:

Shane

Shane, we know you are going out this weekend. :wicked: You don't have to confirm it in every post :wicked:

Sure he's not going to 'Shane out' at the last minute :wicked:

cheers dave.

that term 'putting the soul back into sheffield' was on the 'adelphi' flyers.

are we seeing you there?

its pauls birthday blush.gif

Shane

Is it?!!

Well in that case, I hope to get there for a few hours to join the celebrations. I'm sure it will be very restrained! :D

heard on the grapevine there is an allnighter in sheffield at the city hall very soon.

anyone know about it?

Shane

Shane..... i've just been advised that it is a none event...........ITS NOT ON :( . because its been double booked....... arh reet.........JV who you know runs samantha's.... rang me this morning...it transpires that Sam as spoke to the management at Sams to see if he could hold have a nighter there this fri.......... at Sams... TREADING ON TOES :thumbsup:

rob

Shane..... i've just been advised that it is a none event...........ITS NOT ON :( . because its been double booked....... arh reet.........JV who you know runs samantha's.... rang me this morning...it transpires that Sams co promoter as spoke to the management at Sams to see if he could hold have a nighter there this fri.......... at Sams... TREADING ON TOES :thumbsup:

rob

Just a brief update after a few calls.. it may be back on but it may not as a soul nite ie 3am finish but it looks dodgy

because Sam is or appears to be heading this,.... this is where the flack heads .. However it should be directed at the real promoter and the one treading on toes...

nb

Just a brief update after a few calls.. it may be back on but it may not as a soul nite ie 3am finish but it looks dodgy

because Sam is or appears to be heading this,.... this is where the flack heads .. However it should be directed at the real promoter and the one treading on toes...

nb

I don't get this, is Sam the real promotor or someone else?

Guest ShaneH

crazy stuff rob.

cheers for letting us know.

wouldnt be bothered usually but its my mates birthday and we were hoping to all meet up at this event.

Shane

Edited by ShaneH

reading between the lines, and to what as come to light due to the funnygoins on today, it would appear not and would explain why sams co promoter at Winsford knows sweet fa about it too

So who is Rob, do we know ? are they well known on the scene?

Guest Ms Murray

crazy stuff rob.

cheers for letting us know.

wouldnt be bothered usually but its my mates birthday and we were hoping to all meet up at this event.

Shane

I for one am extremely pleased to see that you are going out in Sheffield Shane! We need to meet up for a rehearsal of 'Happy Birthday'. Are you still going to wear that outfit for the Birthday Boy?! I will if you will!!! Oh and don't forget the talc, it will make it much easier to get into!!! :(:yes::(

And now folks.........for those of us from over the border in Sunny Lancashire, it would be helpful to know the address and times for this event, as despite Shane's efforts this information does not seem to be forthcoming!

That is, if I am allowed in, due to me not being local! :thumbsup: Oh gosh I am a girl too! No chance have I?!

is it not on then? sorry, I can't make head or tail of this thread :fool:

Had a message from one of the DJs as follows:

It is defo on....was NEVER off.

The times have been altered to 10.00 till 3.30/4.00am. Apparently this is not the fault of the promoters, but of the City Hall.

Had a message from one of the DJs as follows:

It is defo on....was NEVER off.

The times have been altered to 10.00 till 3.30/4.00am. Apparently this is not the fault of the promoters, but of the City Hall.

IT was never off is it a nighter or it turned into a soul nite

Pull the other one city hall my arse................ not a nighter though is it and i think you will find it will shut bang on 3.. and for the record it turns out it was sam that tried to snide samanthas bigboys venue