Monster Modern Tunes

What are the big Modern/Crossover, 70's & newly released sounds of the moment, I mean in the clubs & not ya bedroom. Being across the pond, cant alway's keep my finger on the pulse, so any insight into current dancefloor faves would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Russ

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What are the big Modern/Crossover, 70's & newly released sounds of the moment, I mean in the clubs & not ya bedroom. Being across the pond, cant alway's keep my finger on the pulse, so any insight into current dancefloor faves would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Russ

Hello Russ

Hope you're ok

This is my favourite brand new released 12" from Mahogany that I'm going to be playing very very loud at Soul Underground this coming Saturday..I 'm asking for a slating putting it on here but you did ask :shades:

https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF210247-01-01-01.mp3

Lin Taylor

www.soul-underground.co.uk

Social source share

The Carmelita 45 on the same label as Sy Hightower, Carmen, was played by Sam at Yarmouth with the comment that it was the finest record he had picked up in the last five years. Both sides are really good LA crossover, and it will be a monster. Ellipsis is still 'massive' (although it seems to have as many detractors as fans), alongside the reactivation of the Florence Trapp 45 from the Stafford days. Also on the 70s front Billy Proctor on Epic seems to have garnered fresh interest after years of not being played anywhere as far as I can recall.

Steve Guarnori played some really good unfamiliar sounds too. Perhaps he will be kind enough to list some of these on here in the near future.

Social source share

Hello Russ

Hope you're ok

This is my favourite brand new released 12" from Mahogany that I'm going to be playing very very loud at Soul Underground this coming Saturday..I 'm asking for a slating putting it on here but you did ask ph34r.gif

https://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF210247-01-01-01.mp3

Lin Taylor

No slating from me Lin, sounds pretty cool. Thank you for posting it up. Hope you & the old man are well, see ya when we get back to blighty next year.

Thanks Gareth, Mulf for replies.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

No slating from me Lin, sounds pretty cool. Thank you for posting it up. Hope you & the old man are well, see ya when we get back to blighty next year.

Russ

Thanks Gareth, Mulf for replies.

Russ

Good to see that you are still as open-minded as ever Russ ,ironically I was listening to an old Albrighton tape at the weekend and "Trying to Love Two " came on ..that record always without fails reminds me of you ...weird ! ph34r.gif:lol: !!

You take care Russ, we must catch up , its been forever :lol:

Lin

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Record of Yarmouth for me was the Second Revelation, not exactly sure who played it though. Awesome record.

Hiya Russ,hope your well mate.Just about recovered from my first Soul Essence.Bloody superb weekend whistling.gif

Steve G played a one off acetate by Love Shortage called 'To me',absolutely awesome tune.Also getting plays are Mixed Emotions-'Gold of my life' and The Spartans-I don't need another lover' which I particularly like.

Molly

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Record of Yarmouth for me was the Second Revelation, not exactly sure who played it though. Awesome record.

Hiya Russ,hope your well mate.Just about recovered from my first Soul-Essence.Superb weekend whistling.gif

Steve G played a one off acetate by Love Shortage called 'To Me' awesome tune.Also getting plays at the moment are Mixed Emotions-Gold of my life' and The Spartans-'I don't need another lover',which I particularly like.

Molly

Social source share

Hiya Russ,hope your well mate.Just about recovered from my first Soul Essence.Bloody superb weekend :shades:

Steve G played a one off acetate by Love Shortage called 'To me',absolutely awesome tune.Also getting plays are Mixed Emotions-'Gold of my life' and The Spartans-I don't need another lover' which I particularly like.

Molly

Hi Molly,

The song itself isn't actually a one off. What I played was a better mix (on Frankford / Wayne acetate) of TUME's "Love shortage". You can get the original version (mix) is on their MGM LP. It was also listed as coming out on 45 on MGM, but cannot recollect seeing one just now. I think it's also on some UK 90s compilation as well.

Cheers

Steve

a one off acetate?

modern soul turns northern!!

Simon some of us have been playing acetates on the modern scene for many years now :-)

Social source share

Surely........... :shades: Mikelyn Roderick - Slippin - promo CD is going big . What a stormer ,

Cheers

Simon biggrin.gif

Yep really like the Mikelyn Roderick at the moment myself.

Others to consider would be:

Kloud 9 present "The Vibe Room" - great all the way through but worth it just for the Maysa track

Victor Davis - Great version of Jon Lucien "would you believe in me"

And you cant really go wrong with "Soul lounge Vol 2"

Trev

Social source share

Yep really like the Mikelyn Roderick at the moment myself.

Others to consider would be:

Kloud 9 present "The Vibe Room" - great all the way through but worth it just for the Maysa track

Victor Davis - Great version of Jon Lucien "would you believe in me"

And you cant really go wrong with "Soul lounge Vol 2"

Trev

Thank you to all for the replies.................Molly see ya soon buddy & how long was I raving about Esscence to you for :yes: .

Russ

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Thank you to all for the replies.................Molly see ya soon buddy & how long was I raving about Esscence to you for :D .

Russ

Steve G ,Thanks for the info' about 'Tume'.

Russ you ,Jason,Gavin and Martin Adams have been telling me for years..... ranting_1.gif

Social source share

HI Mate...in my little world the biggest 70s tunes of the moment are.....

David Ruffin-Rode by the place

KOS-Is your love for me

Barrino bros-Trapped in a love

Teddy Pendergrass-Do me

Lou Rawls-See you when i get there

Hope you are well mate.....maybe see you soon....are you doing the east coast thing?

Will call you very soon.........

Chris

Social source share

Hi Molly,

The song itself isn't actually a one off. What I played was a better mix (on Frankford / Wayne acetate) of TUME's "Love shortage". You can get the original version (mix) is on their MGM LP. It was also listed as coming out on 45 on MGM, but cannot recollect seeing one just now. I think it's also on some UK 90s compilation as well.

Cheers

Steve

Simon some of us have been playing acetates on the modern scene for many years now :-)

Sorry mate, haven't been out for a long time, last 'modern' do I went to was Clee Winter G's 03 -12 -1983!

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Hi Molly,

Cheers

Steve

I have a white demo of TUME - Love shortage on 45 - I think there are quite a few copies out there- Nice tune :wave::wave:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!