Guest lolmil

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martyn

Read somewhere that this was making a bit of a revival, is this correct?

Loll

I hope so,about time,its effing brilliant :yes::yes::P

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Apr 11 2006, 10:24 PM) link

has been getting spins at the orwell by flanny i think brill 70's is this the only track any good by them?

mark

Mark glad you said 'I Think' Flanny wouldn't know a good 70's record if he fell over it. He needs to stick to breaking 60's monsters and leave the seventies to Plummy and me :yes:

Sunday here we come!!!!!!!!

Social source share

dont think flannys recovered from soul in the sun and his drinking bours with my mate charlie

fantastic seven this one

has this ever been out of fashion??

fantastic 70ss mecca track

came out on cd on fylde legend pete haighs spirit of the mecca cd some years back

ive got a spare mint copy if anyone wants to pm me

15th april seaside soul club morecambe 830pm till 130am

16th april the orwell wigan

www.seasidesoul.co.uk

Social source share

QUOTE(mark.b @ Apr 11 2006, 10:24 PM) link

has been getting spins at the orwell by flanny i think brill 70's is this the only track any good by them?

mark

Mark glad you said 'I Think' Flanny wouldn't know a good 70's record if he fell over it. He needs to stick to breaking 60's monsters and leave the seventies to Plummy and me :lol:

Sunday here we come!!!!!!!!

hi baz

that is why i put think as i know he has some 70's but could not be sure who played it doent matter anyway bloody good record almost as good as mandrill--never die mecca at its best :thumbsup: get this one played at the all dayer you can paly it in either room whistling.gif

mark

Social source share

It's a very uplifting and hypnotic track. But sadly, because the rare soul scene is so "upfront" and "progressive", it often takes thirty years for some people to catch on.

whistling.gif

Seriously, there are so many great tracks like this but most are ignored by DJs because they aren't rare or obscure enough.

And that's what's wrong with the soul scene. The music should always come first.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

It's a very uplifting and hypnotic track. But sadly, because the rare soul scene is so "upfront" and "progressive", it often takes thirty years for some people to catch on.

whistling.gif

Seriously, there are so many great tracks like this but most are ignored by DJs because they aren't rare or obscure enough.

And that's what's wrong with the soul scene. The music should always come first.

Paul Mooney

Hi Paul...Know what you mean..........some times it can be very frustrating when great records like this just do not get real recognition in good time, amongst all the thousand quidders of this world. The good thing is though, is that it IS now getting some recognition, so better late than never methinks...........................pity some of those singing the praises of 'Tribute To Betty' by DJ Genisis would sooner die than acknowledge the existence of the likes of Jamie Lewis 'It's Over' or Jesse Outlaw 'Love You So' and a couple of hundred other great (fast becoming rare) soul records with a dance beat, I could name

Social source share

:yes:

Paul Mooney

Hi Paul...Know what you mean..........some times it can be very frustrating when great records like this just do not get real recognition in good time, amongst all the thousand quidders of this world. The good thing is though, is that it IS now getting some recognition, so better late than never methinks...........................pity some of those singing the praises of 'Tribute To Betty' by DJ Genisis would sooner die than acknowledge the existence of the likes of Jamie Lewis 'It's Over' or Jesse Outlaw 'Love You So' and a couple of hundred other great (fast becoming rare) soul records with a dance beat, I could name

The music and the artists that provide us with this great pleasure coming first............now there's a thought!

whistling.gif:thumbsup::lol::lol:

Social source share

Brilliant track - And nice to see , like Paul and Baz have highlighted ( Amongst many others ) that just because it isn't rare / 1000's $$$ doesn't mean to say it should be ignored.

Yes its not a new discovery - no its not expensive - but its 100% soul! Surely the main factor when digging out these 45s.

We've all said it before but ignore these great 45s at your peril!!!!

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Read somewhere that this was making a bit of a revival, is this correct?

Loll

Was popular about 2 years back, Sam was playing it at the time, then seem to go quiet, so time to dig out again. thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Brilliant track - And nice to see , like Paul and Baz have highlighted ( Amongst many others ) that just because it isn't rare / 1000's $$$ doesn't mean to say it should be ignored.

Yes its not a new discovery - no its not expensive - but its 100% soul! Surely the main factor when digging out these 45s.

We've all said it before but ignore these great 45s at your peril!!!!

ATB

Rich

Completely agree with Paul, Rich Baz etc

We always make a point of playing the odd under-played 'easy to get' 45 at The Orwell.

Southside Movement is one, Street People on Vigor, Major Harris on Atlantic, Eddie Holman B side on Salsoul.......there's blinking loads of them!

An idea that we are planning in the future at The Orwell is to have a night where no DJ plays anything more than say, a £20 tune! The pressure to play rare tunage will be off and i can bet that the quality will be high and then some!

Look out for a night like this at The Orwell in the near future.

Any one find that idea attractive and more importantly, would you attend a night like that?

Be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on this?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

We always make a point of playing the odd under-played 'easy to get' 45 at The Orwell.

Southside Movement is one, Street People on Vigor, Major Harris on Atlantic, Eddie Holman B side on Salsoul.......there's blinking loads of them!

An idea that we are planning in the future at The Orwell is to have a night where no DJ plays anything more than say, a £20 tune! The pressure to play rare tunage will be off and i can bet that the quality will be high and then some!

Any one find that idea attractive and more importantly, would you attend a night like that?

Cheers

Steve

Count us in Steve............Another night in the Brocketts arms ranting_1.gif:D

BH

Social source share

[quote

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

brilliant idea theres loads of great records under £10 as you know Steve

count me in...........

can i count johnson family in there though ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Cheers

Steve

How about a night of MP3s ranting_1.gif

Social source share

brilliant idea theres loads of great records under £10 as you know Steve

count me in...........

can i count johnson family in there though :D

Unfortunately the cats out the bag on that one Sean - thanks to you :D

It was the only record i played twice at Yarmouth......sounded fab too (even if i say it meself) whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

How about a night of MP3s laugh.gif

On a more serious note great idea, but then your nights are about quality rather than price ?

Social source share

Always loved this track, but that one line in it still makes me cringe !

"My love for you will bust my pants"

Why oh Why spoil a song like that ??

Social source share

Yo Stevie,

Cryptic One.

If I showed up at the Orwell without my records and had a £20 shuftie in your Pound Box early on.. would I get to do a spot?

... and would it be any better than my regular fare? (don't answer that one)

Poser Man

Hee hee - we've been here before :rolleyes:

If anyone can play a stunning under £20 set, then you can Seany Baby :thumbsup:

We need the Poser Man at The Orwell (again) methinks

Speak to you soon matey

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

shouldnt there now be under $67 dollar soul nite coz thats what the southside movement

reached on ebay making it nearer 40 quid in my book. i know do it to me aint rare but not that

common either.there are plenty of records frank bev on sassy, valentinos, natural 4 abc the list is endless

of records that turn up week in week out and always sell for good money so there`s always hope for

quality tunes like this :)

dave

Social source share

shouldnt there now be under $67 dollar soul nite coz thats what the southside movement

reached on ebay making it nearer 40 quid in my book. i know do it to me aint rare but not that

common either.there are plenty of records frank bev on sassy, valentinos, natural 4 abc the list is endless

of records that turn up week in week out and always sell for good money so there`s always hope for

quality tunes like this :D

dave

That's a good point Dave - we could hold the night and now we couldn't play it :D

That's the down (or is it the up) side of playing tunes like this. When word gets round, demand goes up and inevitably the price goes up. Look at tunes like Ernie Johnson - Big man cry etc

Got a great response to the idea at The Orwell All Dayer on Sunday - i reckon it's a goer in the near future!

The Soul Police will need to be in attendance i reckon on the night :D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I'm the guilty one here, heard it a few months ago at the wonderful Orwell and just 'had' to have it! Could afford a few more like this if Lisa didnt keep squandering the housekeeping on food!

Great day on Sunday by the way

Regards Jim.

Hi Jim

Brilliant to see you and Lisa on Sunday - glad you enjoyed it - thanks for the kind comments. Get Lisa down a few more times and i reckon you won't have any problems wasting money on food anymore. I'm sure she's nearly vinyly addicted :)

See you real soon

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!