Topics - Rose

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not sure if it got a 45, Joel. I know "Man" got a release, but I don't know the flip. Could be it! Had the LP "Wanted Live By A Million Girls" but my mind has gone blank on the label!

Great tune by the way. I'll post a soundclip for everyone when I get home to my computer...

-Mike

Social source share

Thanks for the reply Mike. I've checked on JM's he has 'Man' listed (sold) and it isn't the flip of that. He also has some Japanese import LPs of their 70's output and it dosen't seem to feature on either of them.......pretty sure I heard it this weekend (through the floor in a semi concious state at Yarmouth whistling.gif ).....

Joel

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Does anyone know the label this is on or how much it goes for?

Cheers!

Joel whistling.gif

Just a guess, but it's not on Chadwick is it, the same as 'Hey Girl'?

M.

Social source share

Just a guess, but it's not on Chadwick is it, the same as 'Hey Girl'?

M.

Actually, this Topics group is from the West Coast. Pretty sure they are a totally different group. The label is NCS, and was recorded about 2 hours north of where I live! whistling.gif

-Mike

Social source share

Thanks for the reply Mike. I've checked on JM's he has 'Man' listed (sold) and it isn't the flip of that. He also has some Japanese import LPs of their 70's output and it dosen't seem to feature on either of them.......pretty sure I heard it this weekend (through the floor in a semi concious state at Yarmouth :) ).....

Joel

It's on the Wanted By A Million Girls album...last one I saw on ebay went off at over $1000 blush.gif

Social source share

Thanks for the reply Mike. I've checked on JM's he has 'Man' listed (sold) and it isn't the flip of that. He also has some Japanese import LPs of their 70's output and it dosen't seem to feature on either of them.......pretty sure I heard it this weekend (through the floor in a semi concious state at Yarmouth :shades: ).....

Joel

I'm afraid it was me who played it at Yarmouth on Saturday evening.

I bought the LP recently for 'Man' but liked the sound of this, so i chose to play 'Rose' instead. Played it at The Orwell the week before too!

Don't know if it's ever been played out before but i liked it and thought it deserved a spin.

All the other info i think has been forwarded i.e. West Coast 'Topics', NCS label, LP only etc

Hope this helps

Steve P

Social source share

It's on the Wanted By A Million Girls album...last one I saw on ebay went off at over $1000 whistling.gif

Seems the value has dropped a little of late. Seen between $500 and $800 recently. When I sold mine, it made $2100! I almost sold it for $75 a week before that. Close one...

-Mike

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

If it's going for £75 it has dropped I was offered 3 copies in the last 12 months from dealers in the LA area and they were all over $1000's also offered one from Germany again over a $1000's. Totally different group to NJ Topics, and this may even be a private press that they sold at live gigs and never appeared in the shops, as all copies offered to me had been signed by the group. The LP cover looks cheap, no picture of the group, if I remember it is plainish blue cover on front with little info on the back other than the titles of the tracks, which again leads me to believe it is a private press. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Fabulous and extremely rare LP, I gladly paid a LOT of US $$$ for it but easily worth it.

Rose is an LP track only, never on a 45, and the LP is a fold out with a glorious colour pic of the guys inside.

And yes it's a private pressing LP, so it is , and will remain , genuinely rare. My copy is autographed and it was only distributed at their gigs (it is NOT a live recording).

My advice to anyone who is a true SOUL fan, grab it at any price!

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Fabulous and extremely rare LP, I gladly paid a LOT of US $$$ for it but easily worth it.

Rose is an LP track only, never on a 45, and the LP is a fold out with a glorious colour pic of the guys inside.

And yes it's a private pressing LP, so it is , and will remain , genuinely rare. My copy is autographed and it was only distributed at their gigs (it is NOT a live recording).

:lol:

Yes, I agree, it is an excellent Soul LP made all the better cos it is genuinely rare thumbsup.gif

Gonna carry on hammering 'Rose' for the moment i reckon :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

:D

Guess I was right about it being a private press then, anybody got an unsigned copy? it will be rarer than a signed copy. I didn't get to see the fold out. as I was only sent scans of the front and back cover plus the record, any chance of a scan of the group. ranting_1.gif:D Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guess I was right about it being a private press then, anybody got an unsigned copy? it will be rarer than a signed copy. I didn't get to see the fold out. as I was only sent scans of the front and back cover plus the record, any chance of a scan of the group. :Dwhistling.gif

It is a private press the NCS label are the initials of the guy who wrote and produced it all.........but as i haven't any brain cells left since Yarmouth, i'm buggered if i can remember his name.

I know it sounds daft but it could be that the signatures are part of the artwork?

I'll scan the fold out in over the next few days and see if it matches everyone elses copy? I'll let you know his name too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!